Ninth grade white boys basketball team ends season victorious

Paige Glasgow

Ninth grade white boys’ basketball team ends season victorious

“I think: team first. It allows me to succeed, it allows my team to succeed,” NBA Cleveland Cavaliers player Lebron James said.

The ninth grade white boys’ basketball team finally played the freshmen team from Allegheny on Feb 10 for their final game of the season.  This was a make up game from the previous one that got canceled a few weeks back.  Altoona won the game with a 49-31 win over Allegheny to end their season.

Shoot for the hoop! The ninth grade white boys’ basketball team shoots baskets to warm up. Basketball games can be held in either the A or B gyms at the Altoona Area Junior High School. Photo by Paige Glasgow.
Seeing double! Ninth grader Mason Noel jumps to get a basketball unstuck from between the rim and backboard. During warm ups, the team practices a variety of shooting drills to prepare for the game. Photo by Paige Glasgow.
Sink it. Freshman PJ Charles shoots a free throw to try to raise Altoona’s score. Every basket made during a foul shout counts as one point. Photo by Paige Glasgow.
I’m open! Freshman Jonah Zolnak prepares to pass the ball to a teammate. The ninth grade basketball teams consist of mostly ninth grade students with multiple eighth grade players as well. Photo by Paige Glasgow.
Hands up! Ninth grader Alex Berardenelli gets ready to try to steal the ball from the Alleghany player coming up the court. Altoona won the game with an eighteen point lead. Photo by Paige Glasgow.

Livewire • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in