Classes take spring field trips

Classes take spring field trips

Catch it!:  Ninth grade student Sakeria Haralson was partaking in fishing.  Most students were eager to catch fish that day.

Julia Pitts

Catch it!: Ninth grade student Sakeria Haralson was partaking in fishing. Most students were eager to catch fish that day.

Julia Pitts

It’s that time of the year again! Classes all throughout the grade levels are getting out of school to spend the day somewhere else. “Somewhere else,” meaning going on spring field trips.

There are various different field trips occurring. Some of these include the National Junior Honor Society’s trip to Hershey Park, the ninth grade biology class’ trip to North Woods, the Music department trip to Hershey for eighth and ninth grade and the seventh grade DelGrosso’s field trip.

The upcoming NJHS trip to Hershey is on May 30. The adviser for the trip is ninth grade English teacher Autumn Barry-Kyle.

“I like spending time with students outside of the classroom and seeing them enjoy a well deserved reward,” Barry-Kyle said.

The trout trip for Jessica Hogan’s  biology classes occurred on May 26.

“I like seeing kids engage with nature. It’s great to see kids out of their seats having and enjoying the outdoors. I’ve been so lucky to take kids fishing for the first time and see their happy faces,” Hogan said.

“I had a lot of fun on the trout trip because I got to hang out with my friends without the classroom influences,” ninth grade student Brenden Shaffer said.

The music department will be going to Hershey on Jun. 1 with choral adviser Jessica Connell.

“It’s a fun day where kids just get to relax, there’s no pressure, they get to be with their friends, ride rides and just enjoy each other’s company,” Connell said.

Finally, seventh graders on the railroaders museum team went to DelGrosso’s on May 23.

“I like that the kids use math during the trip. We get to see them in a different setting, and have fun with friends which is also nice,” seventh grade Algebra I teacher said.

“I enjoyed riding the Xscream tower with Mr. Greaser, Mrs. Peterman and some other teachers. Mr. Greaser and I like died on it, and I screamed like a little girl,” seventh grader Alana Cunningham said.