Pintertainment

This weeks DIY is a cupcake, the amazing Oreo cupcakes! This recipe makes 15 cupcakes. These cupcakes are great for any party, gathering or even just a fun night with friends! They are great for something fun to do also! So put on that old apron and get cooking!

Supplies needed:

Muffin tin

Cupcake wrappers

Ingredients:

3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa

3/4 cup hot, strong-brewed coffee

3/4 cup bread flour

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon table salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 large eggs

2 teaspoons white vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

15 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached

The first thing to do before anything starts is to make a mixture. This will be put in the fridge for about 25 minutes, so this can be cooling while everything else is being done. The 3 ounces of bittersweet chocolate should be put into a bowl along with the ⅓ cup of processed cocoa. Take the ¾ of brewed coffee and pour it in the bowl. Now it can be placed in the fridge.

After the first step is done, preheat the oven to 350°F.  The cupcake wrappers can also be placed in the slots of  the pan. At this stage the Oreo cookies can be taken apart, and set aside for later. Make sure the cream is on each Oreo that is being kept.

Now, throw the dry ingredients into a bowl. This includes: flour; table salt; sugar; and baking soda.. Whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.

Since the dry  ingredients are all mixed together, it’s time for the wet ingredients. Toss the vegetable oil, eggs, white vinegar & vanilla extract.Now take the mixture of chocolate and cocoa that was made earlier out of the fridge, and add it to this bowl of ingredients also. This should be mixed, and or whisked, together until smooth.

Now that everything is made, the half Oreo’s can be put into the bottom of each cupcake liner in the pan. Then, the batter can be evenly distributed among the cups.
Bake them for 17-20 minutes, and allow 10 minutes for cooling. Then they can be transferred to a plate, or wire rake to completely cool. Buy some frosting, or find a recipe and make it at home! Recipe credit goes to: http://www.muminthemadhouse.com/2014/07/17/ultimate-summer-activities-lists-bored-jar-lists/