Drama preps for musical

Nathan Wright reads his lines during practice.  Wright is playing the Hun leader for the musical.  Photo by Michael Baker
Picasa
Nathan Wright reads his lines during practice. Wright is playing the Hun leader for the musical. Photo by Michael Baker

The drama club has already begun their preparations for the upcoming musical.  The musical selected is Mulan Jr. and currently many students are involved with the musical, both on and off the stage.  The play is being directed by Kathy Morgan and Alyssa Hetrick.  The students are divided into actors, ensemble, props, makeup and costumes.  The musical brings Disney’s Mulan to a level suitable for younger actors.  The musical closely follows the plot of Mulan.

All of drama discusses their plan for the practice to follow.  The group split into three parts, the vocal group, the actors and props.  Photo by Michael Baker
All of drama discusses their plan for the practice to follow. The group split into three parts, the vocal group, the actors and props. Photo by Michael Baker
Christian Howard, who plays the Emperor of China, stops by the props group to chat.  Even the actors in the play help out with the props.  Photo by Michael Baker
Christian Howard, who plays the Emperor of China, stops by the props group to chat. Even the actors in the play help out with the props. Photo by Michael Baker
The drama members are responsible for making changes to their scripts.  At the beginning of practice any revisions that need to be made are added by students.  Photo by Michael Baker
The drama members are responsible for making changes to their scripts. At the beginning of practice, any revisions that need to be made are added by students. Photo by Michael Baker
The students in the props department create the reflecting pool for the musical.  This was the second attempt by the students after not thinking the pool was good enough. Photo by Michael Baker
The students in the props department create the reflecting pool for the musical. This was the second attempt by the students after not thinking the pool was good enough. Photo by Michael Baker
Jarrett Hann and Preston Mitchell watch backstage for a signal during practice.   Drama is using all their students to make the battle cries to give it a more realistic feel.  Photo by Michael Baker
Jarrett Hann and Preston Mitchell watch backstage for a signal during practice. Drama is using all their students to make the battle cries to give it a more realistic feel. Photo by Michael Baker
Nathan Wright reads his lines during practice. Wright is playing the Hun leader, Shan Yu, for the musical. Photo by Michael Baker
Selena Haselbarth checks the prop room for supplies.    The photo takes place while she jumps up to the fifth shelf.  Photo by Michael Baker
Selena Haselbarth checks the prop room for supplies. The photo takes place while she jumps up to the fifth shelf. Photo by Michael Baker