Railroaders memorial team rewards students

Students at the Railroaders assembley
Picasa
Students at the Railroaders assembley
Students at the Railroaders assembley
Students at the Railroaders assembley

The Railroaders Memorial team on the seventh grade floor  rewards students The teachers on the Railroaders team really care about their students and take time out of their everyday schedules to organise special assemblies, field trips, and they even pick an outstanding student to be their student of the week! Students on the Railroaders team love to be on a team with great teachers that don’t give a lot of homework.

“The teachers are nice and they don’t give a lot of homework out so, that’s why,” the students said.

At the end of every marking period the railroaders team holds a special assembly to reward students for their hard work. They are the only team on the seventh grade floor that does this for their students every marking period. Half of the awards are  academic and half are based on behavior. With every award, students get a certificate signed by all the teachers and up to five pieces of lion loot.

“We try and take the time to recognize the students who try their best,” Randy Hovan said.

The teachers of the Railroaders memorial team take the time to organize special events and field trips for their students. At the end of every year they take their students to Delgrosso’s Amusement Park after they learn how to calculate roller coasters height and speed in Mr. Pincherry’s math class.  Last Wednesday the teachers scheduled a special assembly for the people from Sub Zero ice cream to come in and make ice cream with nitrogen.

Every week, five of the teachers get together and pick a student with outstanding behavior to be their teams student of the week. The teachers look for someone who has been awesome that week with motivation and a ready to learn attitude.

“We have so many great kids on our team that we wish their were more weeks in the school year to reward all the kids on our team who deserve student of the week,” Mrs. Hovan said.

Cassie Shields was this week’s team pick for student of the week on the Railroaders team.

Every student of the week get’s their picture displayed in the Railroaders hallway with some cool facts about them listed next to their picture and they get announced on the school’s announcements, just to showcase that students amazing behavior.

“Because i get my pictures and stuff up there and I have good grades so it kinda shows that,” Cassie said.