Students schedule while changing classes

Photo by Michael Baker
Picasa
Photo by Michael Baker

Changing classes or preparing for brand new ones can put stress on the students and make them fearful of what is to be expected.  Students are preparing for scheduling next year’s classes and changing their classes for the first time this year.  The guidance counselors are starting to talk to the students about what their classes would potentially be and what they are allowed to take in their ninth grade year.  

Some students will stress about their new classes because it is all new to them, and they have never seen the ninth grade floor or the high school.

“I’ll do okay because it’s easy for me to get used to new things,” eighth grade student Kassidy Duclos said.

For the eighth grade students this will be the first time they schedule for their classes, while it will be the second time scheduling for the ninth graders. As the school year gets closer to the scheduling times, the guidance counselors will be around to homerooms to give a booklet and practice sheet of all of the classes available so the students can get a feel for what they want to take.

“Well, we have a meeting with the students in the auditorium, we have a parent meeting, we go up and talk to them let them pick their choices of what they want, then we meet individually with them and then put the schedule together,” ninth grade counselor Damon Luciano said.

Managing the classes will be a bit tougher to some because everything is not as it used to be in the lower grades.  As the years go on classes become more and more challenging.

“I want to take the cosmetology CTC, and I will try to manage everything by studying and working hard,” ninth grader Kaytee Ross said.

Seventh graders have also had a first time experience with change in their schedule.  On Jan. 20,2016 most students have rotated their classes and have exchanged the old one for a brand new marking period class.

“I was expecting to always be late and not make it on time and that I was going to have mean teachers.  So far it has gone pretty well I have had very nice teachers and I have always made it on time,” seventh grader Raina Plutko said.

The ninth graders of the school have been going through the scheduling process for two years now.

“Have an idea of what you want to do,” ninth grader Kayla Mock said.