Paws and Claws; Everything about pets

This is the Cocker Spaniel Boxer Mix named Pinkus. Photo taken by Madison Stessney.

There are many breeds of dogs out there, like purebreds, mutts and mixes. This week’s pet is a dog named Pinkus- a Cocker Spaniel Boxer Mix. She is the dog of Madison Stessney.

Every dog is different in their own way. Pinkus has some small health problems that need taken care of.

“She has special food because her stomach is weird. She also has to use special shampoo because she has sensitive skin,” Stessney said.

These dogs are a mixed breed of a Boxer and Cocker Spaniel, so there might be slight health problems. There won’t be any major deformities, just small things that should be brought to attention like Pinkus’ skin and stomach.

Every dog owner has a story about a trick or something funny their dog has done.

“The funniest thing I’ve seen her do was a handstand while she was trying to jump off the couch,” Stessney said.

Besides going the bathroom in the house, some dogs can make other messes.

“She’s thrown up in the house before,” Stessney said.

Luckily Pinkus has a kind and caring home.

“We’ve had her for eight years. We got her at the pound because she looked really lonely,” Stessney said.

Every dog is special in its own way, and luckily Pinkus had the Stessneys’ to save her.