Supporting School Sports

Mansion Park in Altoona, Pennsylvania is the home of the AAJHS track team.

Welcome back to another edition of Supporting School Sports

Check here for upcoming sporting events in AAJHS.

The AAJHS track and field team practices six days a week, for two hours each practice.  This is one of the hardest working teams in the area.  Events that players do are based on their grade.  Jumpers can do high jump, long jump, triple jump, hurdles or pole vault.  Throwers can do discus, shot put and javelin(only ninth grade).  Sprinters can participate in short distance runs.  Distance runners can participate in relays and 400m runs, etc.

Some of the players for each event are Jada Wolf for disc and shot.  Mike Folcarelli for Javelin.  Kurt VonColln sprints the 100m, 200m, 400m and is on the 4×4 team.  Christina Brunette sprints 100m, 200m, 400m and is also on the 4×4 team.  Aly Schobel does the mile run and the 800m.  Gaige Hill does 1 mile, 2 mile, 800m and is also on the 4×4 team.  Kathy Wible participates in triple jump, high jump and long jump.  Baylie Horten does the 100m hurdles and the 300m hurdles.  Mitch Lawhead does the long jump, 4×1 and the 100m sprint.