Announcements for Wednesday, Sept. 7!

Attention 6th grade students:
If you are interested in joining student council, applications can be picked up from Mrs. Helsel in the gym if you are in 6th grade.  Applications are due Friday September 9.

Students interested in being a part of the junior high drama club MUST return their Data Form ASAP!!  In order to attend meetings, audition for shows, or apply to be a part of the tech crew – either in the fall or spring – this form needs to be completed and turned in NOW.

Tech Crew applications for the fall show are due now as well!! Those auditioning for the fall show are reminded that those auditions will be taking place on Thursday, September 8th.  Please refer to the audition sheet you received for more information.

Please see Mrs. Palilla (Room 410) with any questions!  Forms can be picked up and
returned in the baskets outside of her classroom.

This Month’s School counseling tip Tuesday topic is Study Skills. Learning how to study is key in maintaining good grades. Find the strategy that works for you! For more information, stop by the first floor guidance office or see your English teacher.

In order to maintain a safe, orderly and enjoyable atmosphere for all those attending the 8th grade football game at Mansion Park on Wednesday evening, the following rules and procedures will be enforced.

       All students in grades 6 through 12 must show a current AASD ID to be granted admission
into the stadium.
       No backpacks will be permitted in the stadium.
       No loitering is permitted.  Students/Spectators must sit in the stands.  Aisles must be kept
clear at all times.  Congregating under the bleachers or around the concession areas will not be
permitted.
       AAJHS students will sit in the designated student section.  This section will be monitored by
stadium officials.
       There will be no walking around the outside of the field during the football game.
       Students/Spectators who throw food, drink, or other items will be immediately escorted
from the stadium, will not be allowed re-admittance, and may be banned from the stadium for
the remainder of the school year.
       Students/Spectators who refuse to comply with stadium officials’ directions will be
immediately escorted from the stadium, will not be allowed re-admittance, and may be banned
from the stadium for the remainder of the year.

All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls who are interested in playing basketball, open gyms start this week! The first one is Thursday September 8th from 6:00-7:30 here at the junior high! There will be a calendar handed out with more dates and times for this month! If you have any questions, please come see Coach Bailor in Room 471. We hope to see you there!

There will be an open gym for any 6th , 7th or 8th grade boy that is NOT playing a fall sport
and is interested in basketball, on Thursday September 8 from 6:30-8:15 in the A Gym.

Attention any student who did not get a fundraiser packet, you may see your grade level
student council advisor to get one.
Mrs. Helsel in the gym for 6th grade
Mrs. Anderson in Rm 357 for 7th grade
Mrs. Bronson in Room 212 for 8th grade.

Attention students in 8th grade: If you are interested in joining student council or were in student council last year and would like to join again, please pick up an application in Room 212 from Mrs. Bronson.  All applications are due Friday September 9.