Announcements for Tuesday, Nov. 1!

(10/24-11/2) Attention Students:  The library is hosting its monthly Lego Club meeting on Wednesday, November 2nd from 2:45-3:30.  Please take note of the time change and be sure to have your ride home here by 3:30.  Again, Lego Club will meet until 3:30 from now on.  If you are interested in joining this month, please sign up in the library before Nov. 2.  You must sign up monthly to participate.  Any questions, please see Mrs. McCaulley in the library.

(10/24-11/3) Students, this week the Sharing for the Holidays committee will begin their annual Veterans Day collection competition. All monies raised will go to our retired veterans living at the Hollidaysburg VA Home. Bring in spare change to your first period homeroom from Monday, October 24th through Friday, November 4th. The three highest-collecting homerooms for each grade level will receive a movie reward in the auditorium. The highest-raising homeroom from each grade level will receive the extra prize of a Dunkin’ Donuts breakfast! 

(10/31-11/1) Open gym for Boys Basketball on Tuesday, November 1st from 6:30-8:30pm for 7th & 8th Grade students in the Junior High Fieldhouse that are not playing a fall sport. 

(11/1) Despite his fear of ghosts and goblins…Ichabod came upon another creature that struck sheer terror in his heart. That was… a woman – Katrina Van Tassel!!  Katrina was a blooming lass of fresh eighteen. Plump as a partridge…Ripe and melting and rosy-cheeked as one of her father’s peaches. She wore a provokingly short petticoat to display the prettiest foot and ankle in the country round. Moreover, she was the daughter and the only child of a very wealthy Dutch farmer. The Altoona Area Junior High School Drama Club is proud to present the spooky classic – The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Written by Washington Irving and adapted by Kathryn Shultz Miller, Sleepy Hollow is loaded with all the thrills, chills and laughs to keep you on the edge of your seats. Performances are scheduled for 7 p.m. on both Thursday, November 3, 2022 and Friday, November 4, 2022 with a matinee show at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 5, 2022.  All performances will take place in the Altoona Area Junior High School Auditorium. General admission tickets will only be on sale at the door and will cost $8 for adults and $5 for students. Doors open approximately 1/2 hour before each show. Love is in the air and Katrina’s hand in marriage is the prize!  Who will Katrina find love with?  The awkward and endearing schoolmaster, Ichabod Crane, or the brutish and brash bully, Brom Bones??  You will just have to come to the show to find out!!  We hope to see you there!

(11/1-11/4) There was a blue and yellow flowered Fit and Fresh lunchtote found in the Gym. You can claim it in the Main Office on the first floor.

(11/1-11/2) Any 7th or 8th grade wrestler that has not received their physical,  can pick up a physical packet or re-cert in the main office this week and attend the physicals being held at the high school this Thursday, November 3rd after school.

(10/31-11/2) Attention Students:  The Wellness Committee is hosting its first Games Night of the year!  “Come on out for Games Night, Wednesday, November 2nd from 3:00 to 4:00pm in both AAJHS gyms.  Bring your friends and have fun playing basketball, badminton and Pinball !  All AAJHS students are encouraged to attend! You’ll have a blast!”

(11/1)  Attention students:  A farmer had 17 goats.  All but six died.  How many survived?   If you like puzzles and riddles and the 24 game, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.    Answer: 6  

(11/1) This Month’s School counseling tip Tuesday topic Conflict Resolution. Conflict is a natural part of life, but resolving it can be HARD! In order to maintain your cool in conflict, you must be able to cooperate effectively with other people. For more information, see your counselor or English teacher.