Announcements for Tuesday, Jan. 10!

(1/10) The library will close at 2:00 today.

(1/10) The Help Desk will be closed from 8:00-10:00 today and will reopen at 11:40

(1/10) There was a blue bead craft box found in the Gym bleachers. It can be claimed inOffice

office.

(1/9-1/11) Attention all girls interested in playing softball: there will be an open gym on Monday and Wednesday this week from 7:00-8:30 at W&J. Please bring sneakers and all your softball gear and enter through the loading dock doors on Fourth Street. Contact Coach Fasolo with any questions.

(1-5 thru 1/10) The library will send out overdue notices on Tuesday, January 10th.  If you have any library books out, please return or renew before Tuesday.  

(1/5-1/12) Students: Did you know that each marking period, students with an average of 90% or better earn the honor roll distinction? Also, A-pins are awarded to students who have an average of 86% or better in core classes and 81% or better in electives in the first three marking periods. The end of the second making period is rapidly approaching! Check your grades on Skyward and make sure you are up to date with all your assignments. You still have a few days until the end of the marking period on Friday, January 13.  Get busy and finish strong!

(1/10) Attention all students! The 8th grade girls basketball team has a home game vs Tyrone tomorrow at 3:30. We would love it if there was a huge student section. The student section theme is Tie Dye. Wear your coolest tie dye gear and come fill our student section and cheer the girls onto victory!!

(1/10) Attention students:  Here is a question: What is the volume of a rectangular prism of height 5 cm, width 7 cm and depth of 3 cm?   Everyone is welcome to come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school, January 11, from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.

(1/10) This Month’s School counseling tip Tuesday topic is Empathy. Having empathy means to understand and recognize someone else’s experience. Some may say this is like putting yourself in someone else’s shoes. To be able to work well with others, you must be able to have empathy. You never know what others have been through, so you may as well be kind! For more information, stop by the first floor guidance office or see your English teacher.