Announcements for Friday, March 3!

(2/28-3/7) Reminder to students that they must obey crossing guards at all times and adhere to rules to safely cross the streets. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.

(3/3) The Altoona Area Junior High School Drama Club is proud to present Willy Wonka, Jr. March 10th at 7:00 P.M. and 11th at 1:00 P.M. and 7:00 P.M. Today, we would like to introduce you to none other than the master chocolatier himself, Mr. Willy Wonka.  Wonka is an incredibly intelligent man who is very sharp and full of life. In addition to this, he is often seen to make quick, jerky little movements with his head, cocking it this way and that way, taking in everything around him with his bright, twinkling eyes. He is quirky and eccentric and no-one ever seems to know where they stand with him.   In the people he meets, Wonka inspires awe and admiration. He is happy and charismatic, however he maintains a darker and more dangerous side as well. All performances will take place in the Altoona Area Junior High School Auditorium. General admission tickets will only be on sale at the door and will cost $8 for adults and $5 for students. Doors open approximately 1/2 hour before each show.   Take a chance on winning a prize by finding a Golden Ticket in a Wonka Bar or send a Candy Gram to your favorite cast or crew member backstage – both on sale at the show for only $1 each!  Come and experience for yourself the mysterious ways of Mr. Wonka and meet the rest of the cast in Willy Wonka, Jr.!!! We hope to see you there!

(3/1-3/3) Attention track athletes, the first day of track will be Monday, March 6th.  After the walker bell rings, athletes are to report to the A-Gym for a team meeting.  Be sure to have a pen/pencil and your chromebook with you.  The meeting will end at 4:30.  Please have rides available at that time.  Any athlete that has not yet turned in a completed physical packet with a doctor’s signature to Mr. Solomon in room 258 should do so as soon as possible.

(3/2-3/9) Attention 8th grade students: applications for the GACTC are due March 13. If you need help applying please reach out to your school counselor, Miss Koehle or Mrs. Stroh.

(2/28-3/6) Attention all 7th and 8th graders planning to try out for softball: Tryouts will begin Monday, March 6th from 3:15 to 5:00. Please come to school with sneakers and all of your softball gear. Make sure your bag is labeled with your name and grade. Listen to the announcements and check Remind for the location of tryouts. Remember that you must have a physical completed before tryouts begin in order to participate. Contact Coach Fasolo with any questions.

(3/3) Attention students:  Here is your daily math question:  Five consecutive two digit positive integers, each less than 30 are not prime.  What is the largest of these five integers? If you think you have the answer, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.