Announcements for Thursday, March 9!

(3/9) The Altoona Area Junior High School Drama Club is proud to present Willy Wonka, Jr. March 10th at 7:00 P.M. and 11th at 1:00 P.M. and 7:00 P.M. Today we meet Mike Teavee and his mother, Ms. Teavee.  Mike is a 9-year-old boy who does nothing but watch television.  His mother, Ms. Teavee seems perfectly happy for Mike to spend all his time watching TV, oblivious to his surroundings.  Mike is bad-tempered and slothful, but also intelligent. How he found his Golden Ticket is never explained as he is too absorbed in his television viewing to talk to the press about it.   In the Coco-Vision Room inside of Wonka’s factory, Mike becomes infatuated with trying out one of Wonka’s camera inventions and suddenly he….well….you know how the rest of it goes – You have to come to the show to find out what happens to Mike!!! Now just one more thing…the Wonka Factory would not be complete without a cast of Oompa Loompas on hand and they definitely do not disappoint!  Our Oompas are amazing and we can’t wait to share them with all of you! All performances will take place in the Altoona Area Junior High School Auditorium. General admission tickets will only be on sale at the door and will cost $8 for adults and $5 for students. Doors open approximately 1/2 hour before each show.   Take a chance on winning a prize by finding a Golden Ticket in a Wonka Bar or send a Candy Gram to your favorite cast or crew member – both for sale at the show for only $1! Come and observe for yourself the technology obsessed Mike, his oblivious mom, the Oompas and of course, the rest of the cast in Willy Wonka, Jr.!!! We hope to see you there!

(3/7-3/9) Attention Track Athletes,Members of the track team are reminded that they are to remain in their 8th period class until the 2:40 walker bell.  

(3/7-3/9) Attention Lady Lion Basketball Fans: On Friday night, your Lady Lions will host a State Playoff Game. The team tips off against WPIAL foe Mt. Lebanon at 6 pm and the team NEEDS YOUR HELP. We NEED everybody to FILL THE FIELDHOUSE Friday night. Tickets can be purchased online and the first students will get a free t-shirt! Oh and one more thing, we need you to be loud! Come out, get a free t-shirt and cheer the Lady Lions on in the State Playoffs.

(3/2-3/9) Attention 8th grade students: applications for the GACTC are due March 13. If you need help applying please reach out to your school counselor, Miss Koehle or Mrs. Stroh.

(3/9) Attention students:  What may be placed between a seven and an eight to produce a result higher than a seven but lower than an eight?  If you think you have the answer, come to our Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details or email.