Announcements for Friday, March 17!

(3/15-3/22) Students, did you know the end of the third marking period is March 23?  That means you only have six to go.  Do you have missing assignments?  Are you close to the next higher letter grade?  If so, get busy!  You have a few days left to work hard and finish strong.  Remember, students with an average of 90% or better earn the Honor Roll distinction.  Also, at the end of the year, A-pins are awarded to students who have an average of 86% or better in core subjects, and an average of 81% or better in elective classes. Make an academic achievement goal for this year and work towards that goal every day!

(3/16 and 3/24) Attention 8th Grade students: The AAHS Lioneer Dance Team is announcing that we will be using an in person tryout format for Lioneer tryouts this year. All students entering grades 9-12 for the 2023-2024 are eligible to try out. Please email Mrs. Schmoke at [email protected] if you are interested in trying out. Provide your name, grade and school email address. Tryouts for the Lioneer Dance Team will be held on March 25th at 8:00am and will end at 11:00am

(3/17) Attention Students:  A 300 foot tunnel must be traversed by a 300 foot train moving 300 feet per minute.  How much time will the train need to pass through the tunnel?  If you think you have the answer, come to the Mathcounts meeting Wednesday after school from 2:45 until 3:30.  Please have a ride ready.  Please see Mrs. Abbott in C275 for details.  Also:  let’s wish our Mathcounts team good luck as they travel to Harrisburg today to compete in the state competition!  Team members are: Dilara Dileo, Diego Gil, Oliver Krainer and Adrian Pacifico.  Good luck team!

(3/17) A phone was found……It can be claimed in the Main Office