Lanyards cause big problems

Photo by: Jacob Long
Photo by: Jacob Long

Lanyards cause problems with students.  One of the reasons is that they can potentially injure someone.  They can also be a distraction in class and interfere with the educational process. Last, the lanyards cost money and some people can’t pay for new ones.

First they can be harmful to students.  All the time students get their I.D.’s and lanyards stuck on tables and chairs and that could choke them.  There have been many incidences where kids have gotten their lanyards stuck in their chairs and they were literally choking because of it.  Kids also whip each other with the lanyards, they think that this is amusing, but it just shows that the lanyards are even more unsafe.  The school could get safer ones that are not hard at the ends.  They could also get velcro for the ends so when students whip each other with them it doesn’t hurt as much.

Also, the lanyards can interfere with the educational process.  Students can swing their lanyards around.  For many students, when they swing the lanyards around they are not paying attention and can miss notes and information that they possibly need.  The teachers could allow the students to put the lanyards in their pockets or put them in a bin or basket during class, and when class is done they hand the lanyards back out.

Last, the lanyards cost money and some people can’t pay for new ones.  The lanyards and the I.D’s cost $6 altogether, $3 for the lanyards and $3 for the I.D.’s, and if they break students have to buy new ones.  The lanyards are cheaply made too.  To solve the problem the school could lower the costs because when they buy them the I.D’s are $2 and the lanyards are $1.

Not all students are very happy with these new I.D’s and want to know why students have to have them. Lanyards can be a threat and bother the educational process. These lanyards just cause a hassle and students should not have to wear them.  The lanyards also can harm the students.  Last, the lanyards cost money and some people can’t pay for new ones.  The solution to the lanyards and I.D’s is that students should not have to wear them.  Students should have to keep them on at all times but not have to wear them.