Cartoon Fanatics

This week's spotlight is on Courage the Cowardly Dog! Sadly, the show got canceled but many still love it.
This week’s spotlight is on Courage the Cowardly Dog! Sadly, the show got canceled but many still love it. Photo credits go to tvlistings.zap2it.com

It’s throwback Thursday time, everybody! This week’s throwback is Courage the Cowardly Dog. There are always a lot of hidden facts and humor in shows that we have seen a million times and never caught on to.

When Courage was a puppy he was abandoned by his parents when they were both shot into outer space. Courage actually suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder since he was abandoned by his parents. He was adopted by Meriel and Eustace.

Meriel is more of a calm and collected kind of character and plays a somewhat major role in the show.

Eustace is the “bully” on the show. He constantly makes fun of Courage and has a deep hatred for him as well. When he was younger his brother would always make fun of him, his mother hated him and his father neglected him.

In the final episode of the show, Courage begins to see an imaginary person who tries to train him into becoming the perfect canine. Throughout the episode, Courage undertakes a series of difficult tests to become the perfect dog. At the end of the final episode, Courage begins to accept the fact that he is perfect in his own way.

One of the people’s favorite episodes of the show is the very last episode. The reason that this is one of the favorite episodes by many is because it teaches people the value of accepting yourself just the way you are. What makes the show funny is that Courage always tries to teach people valuable lessons and always tries to save his family at the same time. When he tries to save someone, he does it in very quirky and weird ways.