A Day In The Life Of An Assistant Principal: Mr. Koehle

All throughout the day, Koehle meets with students. He often meets with students for disciplinary reasons. Photo by Joanne Pringle

A principal’s work day is very busy. A principal has meetings to attend, students to discipline, phone calls to make, and so much more. The ninth grade principal, Jerry Koehle, has been working at the school for several years. Koehle works all day to make sure that the students day goes as smoothly and safely as possible. Koehle also visits classrooms to observe and make sure that teachers are educating students properly in their classrooms. Sometimes, Koehle also monitors the cafeteria.

In the morning, Mr.Koehle reports to a meeting with the other assistant principals. The meeting was held in the seventh grade teachers' lounge. The topic of the meeting was confidential. Photo by Joanne Pringle
In the morning, Koehle reports to a meeting with the other assistant principals. The meeting was held in the seventh grade teachers’ lounge. The topic of the meeting was confidential.
Photo by Joanne Pringle
Ninth grade principal Jerry Koehle takes an important phone call from his office. Koehle is on his phone during a lot of his day. Photo by Joanne Pringle
Ninth grade principal Jerry Koehle takes an important phone call from his office. Koehle is on his phone during a lot of his day.
Photo by Joanne Pringle

All throughout the day, Koehle meets with students. He often meets with students for disciplinary reasons.  Photo by Joanne Pringle
All throughout the day, Koehle meets with students. He often meets with students for disciplinary reasons.
Photo by Joanne Pringle
Koehle stops to talk to ninth grade students Lee Cobb and De'ja Johson while walking through the halls. He always tries to talk to as many students as possible throughout his day. Photo by Joanne Pringle
Koehle stops to talk to ninth grade students Lee Cobb and De’ja Johson while walking through the halls. He always tries to talk to as many students as possible throughout his day.
Photo by Joanne Pringle