A day in the life of Mr. Campbell

A day in the life of Mr. Campbell

Run run run is all that happens. There is no slowing down for the seventh grade assistanct principal . Besides all the discipline, David Campbell fills his day with important task. He starts his day most days with a meeting with all principals before the day starts. Then he waits as the kids start coming in. He circles the halls looking for the complications of the beginning of the day. Once announcements are over his day really starts. There are many things that are private in his day.

KODAK Digital Still Camera
David Campbell is the new assistant principal this year. His year was filled with settling in and getting comfortable with the students.
KODAK Digital Still Camera
As the assistance principal he has to be in charge of the fire drills. He makes sure the fire alarm is pulled at the right time.
KODAK Digital Still Camera
During a fire drill each principal is in charge of watching and timing each door and how long it takes to get out of the building. David Campbell is in charge of keeping time and this years April fire drill took a little over five minutes for everyone to get out of the building.
KODAK Digital Still Camera
After everyone is out of the building the principal talk back and fourth. Lori Mangan talks over the walkie talkie to David Campbell to give the all clear.