Drama Queens

Ninth grader Connor McClowski poses for a picture. McClowski participates in many school activities. Photo by Joanne Pringle

Weekly posts on the boys and girls of drama

Ninth grader Connor McClowski poses for a picture. McClowski participates in many school activities.  Photo by Joanne Pringle
Ninth grader Connor McClowski poses for a picture. McClowski participates in many school activities.
Photo by Joanne Pringle

This week’s drama king of the week is Connor McCloskey.

McCloskey participates in many activities through the school excluding drama.  He involves himself in track and field events.  Some being the 100 and 300 meter hurdles along four by four relay.  He also does for the school football and basketball.  McCloskey’s favorite class is English because he enjoys writing.

Recently in drama the class did individual monologues and McCloskey had an interesting topic.  He played the part of a male going to his high school reunion as a ninja.  This was easy for him because he finds his strengths in the class are being in front of people and being himself.  McCloskey does find difficulty in the more intricate activities.

Some projects in the class that he loves in particular is Space Jump. It starts with one person in a skit till slowly one by one people enter and change the skit based on their thoughts.  Eventually there is five people in the end skit.  Then using the idea they had to enter they have to make a way to exit the scene they made.  This is a common improv activity used in the class and even in the after school drama events where the students can involve themselves in the fun.

McCloskey’s favorite actor is Robert Downey Jr.  In his career in acting McCloskey’s favorite movie of his is  Iron Man.  The movie series started in 2008 and later progressed onto the series of The Avengers.  Currently they are making The Avengers: Age of Ultron said to hit the theaters in 2015.  McCloskey is looking forward to the release of X- Men of Future Past to come out this April too.  This movie is going to be unique in the concept of joining two casts into one movie.

Being in drama shows others how to be a part of a team.  Join the team.