Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

Sports class is getting even cooler with their guest speaker.  Speaker John Wahl is speaking about how there is racism in different forms throughout all of sports.

”  I thought it was interesting, and I thought it was surprising to find out that there were different aspects to racism in sports,”  Madison James said.

They did many activities with labels and it showed how the different names made the other people think how how they would treat them.  The students had to talk as if they were the label.  Here are some pictures of what they were doing.

KODAK Digital Still Camera
Paying Attention! Steve Franklin is watching John Wahl talk about the different types of racism in sports. He and his fellow classmates were drawn to all of the interesting facts. Photo by Jacob Hord
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Good Class! Timothy Becker and Shane Crider are watching Mr. Wahl teach in fourth period. Mr. Wahl was the guest speaker all day for Stephen Rhodes sports class. Photo by Jacob Hord
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Raise that hand! Alex Bowman is getting ready to raise his hand so that he can ask a question to Mr. Wahl. Mr. Wahl taught Stephen Rhodes fourth period sports class. Photo by Jacob Hord
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Paying attention! Bailey Davis and Jacob Deterline are watching Stephen Rhodes introduce their guest speaker. John Wahl was talking about racism in all of sports. Photo by Jacob Hord
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Teach, Teach, Teach! John Wahl is a track coach for both the junior high and the high school. He was the guest speaker in Stephen Rhode’s fourth period class. Photo by Jacob Hord
KODAK Digital Still Camera
Guest Speaker rocks! John Wahl is talking to a bunch of students about how racism is in all of professional sports. This lasted two days and students were really moved. Photo by Jacob Hord