Skiers,snowboarders prepare to hit the slopes

This is a picture of someone snowboarding in front a crowd doing a trick. Photo courtesy of Jean-Micheal Baud

Students have paid their fees for Ski Club and turned them into the Ski Club directors Phil and Josie Peterman.  Ski Club is for all levels and grades for both skiers and snowboarders.

For beginners they allow you to get lessons.  For the more experienced skiers and snowboarders, students can go with friends and not have have to worry about Blue Knob as crowded as it is on the weekend.  For people who do not own skis or a snowboard, renting skis or snowboards to use on the mountain.

This year will be Zack Reidell’s and Tanner Swales’s second year going to Ski Club.

“I have been snowboarding for seven years,” Reidell said.

Swales has been snowboarding for two years.

Both of them have been other places to go snowboarding besides just Blue Knob.  Together they went to Aspen, Colorado and went snowboarding together last year with their families.

“My favorite thing about Ski Club is being with all of my friends and being able to have a lot of freedom on the mountain to go down the slopes that I want,” Swales said.

Swales and Reidell both have the same favorite slope to go down at Blue Knob. That slope is Stembogan.  In Stembogan, the trail starts off as a mellow trail and then the excitement begins at the bowl.  The rest of the trail is tight turns and ends out on a steep snow-covered slope.

Both Swales and Reidell both plan on joining Ski Club next year because they really enjoy their time at Ski Club and they have a lot of fun at the slopes.