Actions result in consequences

April 10, 2017

“Your actions affect the way people see you and affect the people around you,” ninth grade student Emilee Stirk said.

All around the world, children and adults are learning that actions have consequences. These things can happen everyday, whether they are at home or at school.

Teens are in school for about eight hours a day. Kids socialize and talk. Sometimes they say things they don’t mean, and that can cause some kids to have a different reaction.

According to wisdomparenting.org, “Everything we think say and do has consequences for ourselves and for others.”

“One time I just got out of a cast, and I decided to jump off a rock pile. I tore a ligament,” seventh grader Mckenzie Noel said. “I learned not to do that again.”

“Bullying someone can have consequences that are unforgettable,” ninth grade student Samantha Peterson said.

Thinking before speaking can help save someone’s life.

Arguing with teachers or students gets some students in trouble. It can result in a detention or some type of suspension.

“When I was in fifth grade I punched a kid in the face and I got five days out-of school,” ninth grade student Kenneth Dunn said. “I learned to control my anger.”

“A split second decision could affect the rest of your life,” ninth grade English teacher Brock Porter said.

.