Lion News

May 12, 2017

Paige Glasgow

Ninth grade students pick up summer gym forms for either June or July sessions. Summer school application packets are available in the first floor guidance office.

Summer school options offered for ninth grade

Starting in ninth grade students will be able to take summer school classes which include physical education and health. The cost to join these classes is $75. There are two sessions for summer gym, they take place in June or July. Health will only be held in the first session.

The first session for Physical Education will be on Monday, June 12 through Tuesday, June 27.  The second session is only held for Physical Education and will begin on Wednesday, July 5 through Thursday, July 20. The times for the classes are 8:30 to 11a.m or 1 to 3:30 p.m.

“I’m really looking forward to taking my summer gym class,” ninth grade student Kylee Wisor said.

Health, only being in the first session, will start at 7:30 a.m and end at 12:30 p.m.

“I’m glad that I got to free up some space on my schedule for next year because I wanted to take more of the classes that the high school offered,” Wisor said.
Students taking summer school classes must arrive everyday and be on time or else the class will have to be made up during the school year.

More information can be found here.