Keep on rocking me baby

credit to: Electric_guitar_477101105.jpg

Stay with me

Sam Smith’s new hit “Stay with Me” has hit the music community with a sad but enjoyable sound. In the past few weeks, all listeners hear on the radio is this song.  It has made a very big impact on people’s vision on music.  As he moves through the song, he describes love, hate and all mixed emotions.   The song has a very catchy ring to it.  This song has a way of getting to everyone’s heart.

“Guess it’s true I’m not good at a one night stand

But I still need love ‘cause I’m just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don’t want you to leave, will you hold my hand”

First thoughts on this line were it had a sweet side to it.  Sam Smith is trying to get a point across.  He wants to show the world that he is human and has feelings too.  He is trying to tell people that everyone needs love and affection at one point in the life.  Sam’s lyrics have a way of getting to you.  His melodies and rhymes get deep in to a person.  This line is Sam’s way of showing that he needs love like everyone else.

“Oh, Won’t you stay with me

‘Cause you’re all I need

This ain’t love,  it’s clear to see

But darling, stay with me”

In this part Sam is telling people that he knows that it may not be love but he still wants the hugs, the kissing and the affection.  Sam is trying to make people have a different outlook on love and life.  He wants people to see what he sees.  Have you ever wanted someone to have your point of view on a problem or solution?  That’s what Sam is trying to prove.  He wants listeners to look at love and relationships in a whole different spectrum.

“Why am I so emotional?

No, it’s not a good look, gain some self-control

And deep down I know this never works

But can you lay with me so it doesn’t  hurt”

In people’s minds they get their hopes up for a lot of things.  Getting that new job or winner that brand new car that is eye candy to everyone.  Sam is expressing that he shouldn’t get his hopes up and neither should his listeners.  In his one line he states about self-control.  Gaining self-control is one of the many things that he wants to get across.  He feels that is important thing when you get your hopes up.

All the things that Sam Smith put in this song gives a life lesson.  He’s explain love and life in one song.  He wants the world to see love in a more reality sense.  This song blow up on the music charts and I recommend checking this song out if you haven’t already.  His words speak depth and love.