Keep on rocking me baby

we_the_kings_by_aflakhurrozi-d41l0dw.jpg

“Check Yes Juliet” By We the Kings

In ninth grade English classes students have read and/or are reading Shakespeare’s  Romeo and Juliet.  The song for this week is “Check Yes Juliet” by We The Kings.  The reason behind picking this song was because it goes with what the students are doing in English classes .

In Wanda  Vanish’s ninth grade English class they played this song for the students to give a example of the story .   We the Kings sold over 25,000 copies of this song.  It’s one of the songs they’re known for.  The band in 2011 won a MTV Music Award winner for Most Innovative Music Video Of The Year for their interactive music video and song “Say You Like Me”.  They work very hard and they have come a very long way.  The guys in the band have be friends since early childhood.  They got their band name from the middle school they attended.  They had tours and great things come their way.  They still have more great things coming their way.  Also, with this song they can go many places.  In the music video It’s the band playing at a party.  The lead singer meets this girl and they fall for each other but the girl’s parents don’t allow them to see each other.  Mostly the music video shows it like a Romeo and Juliet story but it’s in modern times.  The girl sneaks out and goes to the party to see the singer play.  The point of the music video is trying to get across is that their story represents Shakespeare’s story of Romeo and Juliet.  The whole song is trying to tell the story of Romeo and Juliet but in a more 20th century way.

Check yes, Juliet

Are you with me?

Rain is falling down on the sidewalk

I won’t go until you come outside

Check yes, Juliet

Kill the limbo

I’ll keep tossing rocks at your window

There’s no turning back for us tonight

Lace up your shoes

Ayo ayo

Here’s how we do

Run, baby, run

Don’t ever look back

They’ll tear us apart if you give them the chance

Don’t sell your heart, don’t say we’re not meant to be

Run, baby, run, forever we’ll be

You and me

Check yes, Juliet

I’ll be waiting

Wishing, wanting yours for the taking

Just sneak out and don’t tell a soul goodbye

Check yes, Juliet

Here’s the countdown:

3, 2, 1, now fall in my arms now

They can change the locks, don’t let them change your mind

We’re flying through the night

We’re flying through the night

Way up high