Social Media (AKA The Black Hole)

Social media, the black hole that consumes every teenager’s life.

Once having made any account, be prepared to never sleep again.

Never again miss a “Harry Styles” tweet.  Get as many likes as possible on Instagram photos and be sure to build your followers. Feed your desire to become famouse with Vine.  Brag about a fantastic life on Facebook and upload tons of videos to Youtube.

Set goals for yourself.  How many tweets are possible in a week? How many friends can follow facebook?  Really, these are goals?

It is easy to slip away into that black hole of social media.

Getting caught up in Facebook and Twitter fights is bound to happen to any teen.

Many do not think before they type.

When students graduate and apply for jobs, most businesses will look up on the internet to see what social media accounts the person who is applying may have. If someone was to type in a handle to Google Search, the tweets that person has made will show up. Instagram creates many other accounts for users on numerous different websites. It does not matter if an Instagram account is private, the site enjoygram.com (for example) will have it up for the world to see. If it is not something to say in front of a nice old lady, do not say it on social media. It will haunt teens their whole lives, teens need to be more aware on what they are putting out there for everyone to see.

If someone happens to be curious about what would pop up under a certain name, simply type in the handle into Google Search. There are multiple sites that are made when signing up for social medias like Twitter and Instagram. Everything that is posted on one’s account, will be posted on that account to.

Teens do not think often before they post. Some teens curse and say inappropriate things. When someone applies for a job, it will pop up and employers do not want an employee that acts out of line. Teenagers need to start thinking before they mess things up for themselves in the future.