Picture Perfect

Picture+Perfect

This week the ninth grade cooking class elective made cheese biscuits with their teams. The students who take the elective work together in teams to prepare and cook the food as well as clean up afterwards in groups. This class is taught by ninth grade teacher Brandy Juart. Previously students took a similar class in seventh grade, Family Consumer Science, and also did food labs. In the ninth grade elective; however, students make a wider variety of food and learn how to properly and safely make new food items. Lessons on how to cook the various food dishes and techniques needed to cook are things students could use at home and later in life.

Students in the class work together to make  biscuits in the class. Ninth grade students take the class and must work together to make their prepare and cook food as well as clean up afterwards. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth graders Tyler Barry and Megan McConnel work together and measure out the items needed to bake their food. This is one of the ninth grade electives almost any student can take. Photo by Emily Simmons.
Ninth graders Tyler Barry and Megan McConnell work together and measure out the items needed to bake their food. This is one of the ninth grade electives almost any student can take. Photo by Emily Simmons.
Ninth graders Kayla Baker, Barry and McConnell measure out and collect supplies needed to make their biscuits. Students take the cooking class for two marking periods. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth graders Tyler Barry and Megan McConnell work on a food lab, making biscuits.  The students spend the period making various food items. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth graders Tyler Barry and Megan McConnell read cooking directions while working on a food lab, making biscuits. The students spend the period making various food items. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth graders shred cheddar cheese for their biscuits they are making. Students made biscuits Wednesday Feb 18, throughout the course of the class make various food items ranging from biscuits to cookies. Photo by Emily Simmons