Athlete of the week

Athlete+of+the+week+Madison+Benton.+
Athlete of the week Madison Benton.

Madison Benton was asked several questions about her time being an athlete. She plays volleyball and runs track and field. She enjoys both of the sports she plays.

Q:  What sports do you play?

A: “ I play volleyball and I run track and field,” Benton said.

Q: Without referees, what would volleyball be like?

A: “ My sport would be completely hectic. Referees are who determines the point and if there were none, there  would be a lot of fighting and arguments,” Benton said.

Q: Why is it good and bad to have rivals?

A: “ It’s good to have rivals because it gets you more pumped and excited to try your best. It’s a  bad thing because if you’re down points, you start to lose faith in yourself and your team,” Benton said.

Q: What have volleyball and track taught you to do in your life?

A:” Volleyball and track have taught me to be more active and strive for my goals as an athlete and in my life,” Benton said.

Q: What is your biggest challenge, and what do you do to manage this challenge?

A:” My biggest challenge is my knee because I tore my meniscus in my knee and it hurts when I run. I have to wear a brace and that can get in the way sometimes,” Benton said.

Q: What are all of your accomplishments in all the sports you participate in?

A:” In track I placed second in the Mars invitational for pole vault, I also placed second in the championships for pole vault as well. My seventh and eighth grade year I was the only one to beat a certain height for pole vault. Volleyball isn’t an independent sport so I don’t have personal accomplishments but my team and I have won eleven tournaments in less than two years and my JV team had an undefeated season with the score of fourteen and zero,” Benton said.

Q: What are your plans when you graduate?

A:” I would like to get a scholarship for volleyball and become a coroner,” Benton said.

Q: What is your favorite movie?

A:” My favorite movie is the Cat in the Hat because I have his personality and I act like him a lot,” Benton said.

Q: Who is your idol, that is not an athlete and why?
A: “ My idol is my brother Joshua. I want to follow his footsteps in everything he has done with his college career. He is very intelligent and I strive to be like him one day,” Benton said.

Q: Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by? Why?

A: “ Don’t give up, the tide will turn. My volleyball coach always tells us that if we are down on ourselves. I like this motto because when life gets you down, you can always look towards the future for better things to come. Just keep swimming and never give up,” Benton said.