Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

The junior high has completed its final play for the year. On Friday and Saturday evening at the junior high students performed their play for parents and peers. The spring play Disney’s “The Little Mermaid Jr.”  included cast from all grades at the junior high. Students worked from January up until the day of the play practicing and rehearsing their lines during after school practices. Students worked to learn the lines of their characters and become their characters before their show. The students had to literally become their characters and look like them too. Cast and Crew on Saturday the final night of the show arrived at the school at 5 p.m. to get prepared for their final act. Preparations for cast included getting their make up done, putting on their costumes and warming up their vocals and getting in the spirit of the play. Crew had to set up the stage and prepare props for the set. The play started at 7pm and parents and peers joined the cast and crew for one final show.

Ninth grade make up artist for the play Alissa Buroughs does fellow ninth grader Miranda Peznola's stage make up for the final performance. Several students signed up to be part of the crew to do make up for the cast of the play. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grade make up artist for the play Alissa Buroughs does fellow ninth grader Miranda Peznola’s stage make up for the final performance. Several students signed up to be part of the crew to do make up for the cast of the play. Photo by Emily Simmons

Music teacher Jessica Connell does eyeliner on one of the leads in play ninth grader Mason Stumpf who plays Prince Eric in the play. This will be the last play at the junior high ninth grade students will participate in. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grader Shelby McCloskey helps fellow ninth grader Kari Stoltenburg with her make up before the show. Stoltenburg  was another lead in the play, she was casted as the role of Ursula the evil sea witch. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grader Shelby McCloskey helps fellow ninth grader Kari Stoltenburg with her make up before the show. Stoltenburg was another lead in the play, she was casted as the role of Ursula the evil sea witch. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grader Fern Loughridge does her makeup before the play. Loughridge was one of Ursula's tentacles in the play. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grader Fern Loughridge does her makeup before the play. Loughridge was one of Ursula’s tentacles in the play and also assisted several fellow cast mates with their costumes and make up. Photo by Emily Simmons
Stoltenburg assists ninth grader Gabriela Petraca with her wig before the play. Petrarca was the main lead  in the play, she held the role of Ariel in the spring musical. Photo by Emily Simmons
Stoltenburg assists ninth grader Gabriela Petraca with her wig before the play. Petrarca was the main lead in the play, she held the role of Ariel in the spring musical. Photo by Emily Simmons
15-IMG_0148
Stoltenburg and Petraca lead group warm up exercises before the final show on Saturday March 7. The group including all cast and tech crew met in the chorus room for a final warm-up, they did various singing exercises as well as group warm-ups to get them excited and ready for the show. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grader Jacob Wilt, Ethan Katcher, and Kari Stoltenburg warm up together with the fellow cast and crew right before the show. The show occurred Friday and Saturday evening at 7pm in the junior high auditorium. Photo by Emily Simmons
Ninth grader Jacob Wilt, Ethan Katcher and Stotlenburg  warm up together with the fellow cast and crew right before the show. The students performed their play  Friday and Saturday evening at 7 p.m. in the junior high auditorium. Photo by Emily Simmons