Healthy Recipes for Students on the go!

Brought to the students by: www.freegreatpicture.com

Who doesn’t love pancakes in the morning? But with no time in the morning, it is almost impossible to wake up and make the strenuous cakes. That is why I decided to share some Corn Fritters, because they are healthier than pancakes and take only about 15 minutes to create. Mornings can be tough already with all of the school work and tests for the day, so it is important to be full and focused for the day. This recipe will serve five, so the students can earn brownie points from a guardian to make something delicious. Now, the student might be thinking, “Ew, corn in my pancakes!” Personally, the corn can’t even be tasted! Use www.food.com for more delicious recipes like this one!

Ingredients:

2 cups of frozen corn
1 egg
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup flour
⅔ cup milk
1 tablespoon canola oil

Directions:

Thaw the frozen corn in a strainer in the sink. Place cold water on the corn and stir randomly until thawed completely. When the corn is thawing add the egg, sugar, salt, melted butter, baking powder, flour, and milk into a large bowl. Add the thawed corn into the large bowl and mix until evenly distributed. Then, place the canola oil on a non-stick pan and place the stovetop on medium-high, Make patties by putting spoonfuls of batter on the pan. Make each pattie ask big as the student would want. Cook until brown on both sides. Drain the patties with paper towels before eating. This recipes makes about 15 medium sized pancakes/patties. Enjoy!