What’s going on?

As seventh and eighth graders are scheduling for next year, be sure to take a look and the Human Systems and Disease elective. Human Systems and Disease is a two marking period elective in which you learn about the functions of the human body and have some hand-on labs!

Week of April 27-May 1

Monday, April 27

• 4 p.m. eighth grade track meet at Central Mountain
  • 4 p.m. Softball game at Hollidaysburg
  • eighth graders take science PSSA

Tuesday, April 28

• 4 p.m. ninth grade track meet vs. Bellefonte
  • eighth graders take science PSSA
  • 7 p.m. AAJHS band concert
  • 7:10-7:40 a.m. ROAR store open

Wednesday, April 29

• 3:45 p.m. seventh grade track meet vs. Penns Valley
    • 4:30-6:30 Empty Bowls
    • 4 p.m. softball game vs. DuBois
    • eighth graders take science PSSA

Thursday, April 30

• eighth graders take science PSSA
  • 7:10-7:40 a.m. ROAR store open LAST DAY

Friday, May 1

• eighth graders take science PSSA
  • AAJHS varsity vocal ensemble concert

Reminders:

• AAJHS is ready to kick off its Annual Box Tops Baseball Season. For every 5 Box Tops you collect, your name will be entered to win four tickets to see the Altoona Curve baseball team in action. The homeroom on each floor with the most box tops turned in will earn a free class period, too. This year our competition will be running from March 23, 2015 thru May 22, 2015.AAJHS is ready to kick off its Annual Box Tops Baseball Season. For every 5 Box Tops you collect, your name will be entered to win four tickets to see the Altoona Curve baseball team in action. The homeroom on each floor with the most box tops turned in will earn a free class period, too. This year our competition will be running from March 23, 2015 through May 22, 2015.
  • Attention 9th graders: Would you like to help your community, meet new friends and have some fun Leadership Blair County is a fun filled action packed way to gain leadership skills, meet kids from other Blair County schools, and learn about business and cultural opportunities right here in Blair County. This program last for eight months with students meeting once a month during the school day. Everything starts with an overnight retreat in July. Some of your sessions may include special tours, exciting speakers, hands on group activities, a class project, or discussions on issues affecting you and your community. All transportation, material and food is free. Stop in the first floor guidance office for more information or an application. All applications are due April 22.Again, this is for current ninth grade students.
  • The library is pleased to announce that it now has a book return box located right outside the library.  Feel free to use the box before, during, and after school to return library material.  You don’t even have to go into the library, just open the top drawer and deposit your books!  On an average, the library has 150 overdue books every week.  Let’s use the box to get our books turned in on time!
  • ATTENTION STUDENTS IN 9TH GRADE INTERESTED IN TRYING OUT FOR THE 2015-2016 HIGH SCHOOL
  • CHEERLEADING SQUAD.  Open gyms will be starting Monday, April 13th from 6-8 pm in the fieldhouse and will continue each Monday until tryouts.  These open gyms are NOT MANDATORY, however you will learn all the tryout details, become experienced with what is expected at try outs, get tips on what to work on for tryouts, and get to know what it is like to be an AAHS cheerleader.  Any questions, please contact Mrs. Young at [email protected] or 946-5129.
  • This is a reminder to all students, teachers, and staff that the 5th Annual Empty Bowls event will be held on Wednesday, April 29th from 4:30 – 6:00 pm in cafeteria 1.  Tickets are available in the main office for $10.00 which will provide you with a handmade bowl, soup, bread, and dessert.  Silent auction items will also be available to bid on.  Please consider supporting the Community Inspired Arts Club and Junior High Art Department by helping them raise money for the Mountain Lion BackPack Program.  We hope to see you there.
  • Thank you for your continuous support, the Relay For Life pink tee-shirts raised $863.