Athlete of the week

Athlete of the week

Tyler Barry was asked several questions about his time being an athlete. Tyler is an outstanding student who is not only dedicated to his academics but also his sports. Tyler is a great athlete who has a lot of talent.

Q: What sports do you play and why?

A: “ I play football and basketball,” Tyler Barry said.

Q: What are all of your accomplishments in all the sports you participate in?

A: “ The accomplishments for basketball would be when we went undefeated in seventh and eighth grade and then did very well this year as well. For football, we went undefeated last year and beat Woodland Hills on the road who is a very difficult opponent,” Barry said.

Q: What is your biggest challenge, and what do you do to manage this challenge?

A: “ My biggest challenge is probably finding time to put in extra practice with school, but to manage this I will often just go out and practice as soon as I get home and then do homework later at night or just practice on the weekends,” Barry said.

Q: What was the best advice you were ever given?

A: “ Focus on what you can control and the rest will fall into place,” Barry said.

Q: What are your future goals? What would you like to be when you graduate high school? What school do you want to go to?

A: “ In the future I hope to succeed in basketball and academics. Once I graduate high school, I plan on attending Ohio State and studying Forensic Science to become a Criminal Investigator,” Barry said.

Q: Out of the sports you play, which one is your favorite and why?

A: “ Basketball is my favorite because you can always get better on your own. For football and other sports like that, you need another person to practice your game, but when practicing basketball you can work on basically any aspect of the game alone,” Barry said.

Q: What is the strangest or funniest thing you have seen throughout your years of being an athlete?

A: “The funniest thing that happened this year is when Coach Depiro flipped out on me for hitting him without pads on,” Barry said.

Q: What is your favorite memory this year?

A: “ My favorite memory this year was traveling to Woodland Hills and beating them in football. The whole game was intense and physical, and we got two hot dogs, chips, and pizza after the game so that was a plus too,” Barry said.

Q: What are you looking toward most for next year?

A: “ Next year I am looking forward to developing my game at the next level. I am excited because I get to practice against Jayvion Queen and Jake Port on a daily basis, and they help me greatly improve my game. I am also looking forward to seeing Alan next year as the water boy,” Barry said.