Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

With the school year coming to a close the ninth grade committee begins setting up for the annual end of the year ninth grade Social. This year’s theme selected by the committee is “Black and Bling”. The dance took place Saturday May 30 in the junior high gym from 7-9:30. Ninth grade students who attended the event got to dance and hang out friends throughout the event. Food and Drinks such as pizza and cake were provided. This year thanks to fundraising the Committee was able to have a photo booth for the ninth grade students. Every ninth grade class every year had the opportunity to attend a ninth grade social at the end of the year.  This year ninth grade students on the committee volunteered to set up for the dance. Students who volunteered got out of class Thursday May 28 and Friday May 29 to set up and decorate the gym.

08-IMG_9910
Ninth grade committee students work together to build and set up one of the many decorations from the end of the year ninth grade social. The dance took place Saturday May 30, 2015 at the junior high. Photo by Emily Simmons
14-IMG_9925
Tyler Novack one of several ninth grade students who volunteered to set up for the dance works on unraveling one of the decoration covers. There were several large and small decorations for the dance, decorations were made possible due to fundraising by the ninth grade class. Photo by Emily Simmons
19-IMG_9935
Montana Fogal tapes together one of the several cardboard cut out decorations during school Thursday May 28. There were several large decorations such as a castle, clock tower and various arches and light decorations. Photo by Emily Simmons
25-IMG_9954
Kayley Burke works to screw together the pieces to one of the many decoration arches. The arches were decorated with fabric and lights for the dance. Photo by Emily Simmons
27-IMG_9959
Several ninth grade students and ninth grade committee leader Mrs. Stephanie McAleer put up the completed castle decoration for the ninth grade social. In addition to the castle there were chandeliers, lighted arches, balloons and a clock tower for the dance. Photo by Emily Simmons
56-IMG_0042
Amanda Chamberlin wraps one of the completed arches with the purple fabric to fit the theme. All of the decorations were done and put together by ninth grade committee members during the school day. Photo by Emily Simmons
36-IMG_9984
Megan McConnel wraps one of the lighted towers in black fabric to fit the “Black and Bling” theme of the ninth grade social. The towers as well as several other decorations were wrapped in lights to add to the decoration for the dance as the gym lights were off for the dance. Photo by Emily Simmons