Paws and claws: Everything about pets

This is Slayer posing for a picture. Photo taken by Taylor Gardner.

The pet of this week is an exotic reptile- the Bearded Dragon. He was given to Taylor Gardner as a Christmas gift last year. His name is Slayer.

“I got this pet because usually no one has it and I thought it would be a neat pet to learn about,” Gardner said.

Bearded Dragons eat both plants and meat.

“Slayer eats vegetables and insects like worms and crickets,” Gardner said.

Each Bearded Dragon comes with its own personality. The owner can affect its attitude.

“We handle him to keep him tame,” Gardner said.

Slayer has a daredevilish attitude.

“He jumps off my shoulder when I’m playing with him. He also jumps into the water bowl when I’m trying to clean it. He also has a funny way of eating. He runs after the worms and crickets, and when he gets excited he starts stepping on whatever is inside the cage,” Gardner said.

Care for the Bearded Dragon is necessary, but sometimes they can have a bit of an attitude.

“He has water to soak in. The worst thing he’s ever done was he tried to bite me and my mom,” Gardner said.

When cared for properly, the Bearded Dragon will live a happy, healthy life.