Yolo: Things to do before you die

On a rainy day in Paris, the Eiffel Tower still is a popular attraction. Photo Credit: Flickr.com Photo By: Nimages DR
On a rainy day in Paris, the Eiffel Tower still is a popular attraction.
Photo Credit: Flickr.com
Photo By: Nimages DR

Since I am taking French as my language for school, I added visit the city of  Paris to my list. Paris is the largest city of France. Giving tourists tons  of places to explore and fall in love with. Paris has many beautiful attractions including: The Eiffel tower, Louvre Museum, Louvre Pyramid and the Hôtel de Ville.

People can’t possibly visit Paris without seeing the Eiffel Tower. Even if they do not want to take time to see this famous structure, they will see its top  of it from all over Paris. The tower rises 300 meters tall. The Eiffel Tower was the tallest structure in the world until  theChrysler Building was built in 1930. Paris is best known for this beautiful landmark.

The Louvre Museum is one of the largest and most important museums in the world. This museum has a collection of over 1 million works of art and about 35, 000 are on display today. The Louvre Pyramid is  the museum’s main entrance. Its beautiful design allows the sunlight to enter the underground floor. By visiting the Louvre Museum tourists get to see a palace, art work and a glass pyramid. It is definitely a must see attraction.

One more place vistors should visit in Paris would be the Hôtel de Ville. The building was set  on fire in May 1871, destroying the building as well as the valuable city archives. They rebuilt a new one taking almost a decade. The building now  is decorated with 108 statues representing famous Parisians along with 30 other statues that represent French cities.

“Paris is a great city to visit,” French teacher Jessica Patton said.

Still interested in visiting Paris check out http://www.aviewoncities.com/paris/parisattractions.htm for more attractions in Paris.