Softball season starts

This is at practice, one of the girls runs and reaches down to get the ball as it goes by.  Taken by Mr. Mitchell.
Picasa
This is at practice, one of the girls runs and reaches down to get the ball as it goes by. Taken by Mr. Mitchell.

Softball season is starting up for grades seventh and eighth and also for ninth graders.  The seventh and eighth grade softball team may be looking forward to things or have goals in mind. The players may have their own opinions on how the tryouts were and how the new season is.  

Tim Mitchell along with Beth Bronson, both coach the seventh and eighth grade team. They practice everyday in the gym or at the Columbia Field from three o’clock to four-thirty p.m..

The tryouts for Softball were March 14, 15 and 16, there were over 40 girls that had signed up for softball.

“Unfortunately you can’t have forty kids on a softball team so we had to let a couple of kids go.  And I was sad about that, but in the end it’s probably best for everybody,” Mitchell said.

The team may have a harder time in competition because the other schools are more into softball.

“We play teams where softball is the big thing. We play schools where the best athletes play softball, they don’t run track,”  Mitchell said.

Mitchell looks forward to this year, coaching with the girls.

“As long as we do our best I’ll be happy,” Mitchell said.

Players have their thoughts on the tryouts and how they were.

“They were good, we practiced swinging and hitting,” seventh grader Riley Steinbugl said.

Riley has played softball before and has said that the couches are really nice. The team had their first game on March 28, the game was a home game.

This is the team practicing at Columbia Fields. The girl in the photo catches the ball in her mitt .
This is the team practicing at Columbia Fields. Photo by Tim Mitchell