Supercross: Monster Energy AMA 2013 Series; Indianapolis Recap

James Stewart is coming back in the supercross season. He plans on working his way to the top of the points board. Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhuffmanphotography/.

Indianapolis Results:

450: Ryan Villopoto

Ryan Dungey

James Stewart

250: 1. M. Musquin

2. K. Peters

3. W. Hahn

Ryan Villopoto takes the win once again. He is coming back to his winning self. During the racing day, he shined the brightest on the track.  He had the absolute best lines. Although he did not get the hole shot in the main event that did not stop him from taking the head of the race. It was not easy for him, but nothing is impossible. This is especially true for the 2012 SX champion.

He is now the second rider of the season that has obtained the red plate. Nine points behind the Kawasaki rider is Davi Millsaps. Millsaps was the surprise winner too many SX fans all around the world in the beginning of the season. Now that they are more than half way through the season, fans around the area are slowly starting to lose faith in him. He is not fading away completely but is not far from it.

Also moving up in the points is Yamaha rider James Stewart. Like most practice rounds, he had the fastest qualifying time. Ironically, the number seven is in seventh place on the points board. This is not a good spot for him to be in if he wants to finish the season in a top three spot. “

The next race is in Toronto, Canada on March 23, 2012.