Lion News

Students voice their opinion about the shortened spring break.

Spring break artwork: The picture depicts a spring scenery that is fitting to this time of year. Students all around are excited for spring break!

Julia Pitts

Julia Pitts

Preparing for spring break or what’s left of it…

Every school year there is a spring break. At the beginning of each year, the school has Good Friday and Easter Monday scheduled off for students; however, almost every year there is a snow day that takes that Monday away.

That is the case for this year. Multiple students feel various different ways about this situation.

“I think it’s stupid. It’s a holiday and our spring break is short enough already. Some people want to spend time with their families on Easter, so they should just take away another day or extend our year,” ninth grader Taylor Clapper said.

“I don’t really like the fact that our break is so short, but it gives us a longer summer. That’s all I really want,” ninth grade student Tyler Robenolt said.

“I’m okay that the inservices are taken up by snow days because we get a longer summer vacation,” ninth grade student Julianna Kratzer said.

Many people think spring break is too short; however, there has to be 180 days in a school year.

Due to the fact that there must be a certain number of days in a school year, the school has to follow by that. In order to do so, they make up snow days on any available inservice days. There were no more inservice days left after the Monday taken, so they combined the two half days at the end of the year into one.

“I think that it is better to combine the last two days because I wouldn’t want the school year to drag on. Also, if you add more days on to the end of the year, students will complain,” ninth grade student Sydney Snowberger said.