Supercross: Monster Energy AMA 2013 Series

Ryan Dungey is apart of the KTM Red Bull team. He switched from the Suzuki team two years ago. Photo courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:KTM_SX-F_450_-_Dungey.jpg.
Ryan Dungey is a part of the KTM Red Bull team. He switched from the Suzuki team two years ago. Photo courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:KTM_SX-F_450_-_Dungey.jpg.

Minneapolis Results

450:

1- Ryan Dungey

2- Ryan Villopoto

3- Davi Millsaps

250:

1- Marvin Musquin

2- Wil Hahn

2- Blake Wharton

Boy oh boy was it a sensational night for KTM rider, Ryan Dungey and his loved ones! Being in his hometown surely gave him a motivational boost in his racing on April 13.

In the main event, Davi Millsaps took the hole shot, but that did not keep Dungey and Ryan Villopoto from keep off of his back tire. Before Millsaps knew it, he was in third place with green and orange in front of him.

As the riders raced through the tough track, Dungey took the lead by just a second in front of Villopoto. They kept it like that for the first 15 laps of the night. Then as they ran into lapped riders, Dungey was able to put more time in between himself and Villopoto.

The fact that Dungey crossed the finish line in front of Villopoto was shocking. Considering that Villopoto has been taking every first place trophy the past few weeks, just proves to show that if you come in second like Dungey did for a couple of races, then you can finally take your competition over.

You could definitely say it was an outstanding night for the Red Bull KTM team. In the 250 main, Marvin Musquin, who is also apart of the KTM team, took the Nuclear Cowboyz holeshot and led the race the rest of the way. He crossed the finish line with an eight second gap between him and Wil Hahn. That may not seem like a long time, but in supercross that would be like five minutes.

Watching the next race will be interesting because they are going to be in Villopoto’s hometown, that may or may not make him take the first place again. Or could the KTM boys take it all? Watch and find out on April 20.