• April 12Mini-Thon! The cost is $10 and sixth grade tickets will be sold Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16 in room 212.
  • April 12Lunch - Toasted Cheese Sandwich, Steamed Peas, Tomato Soup and Choice of Fruit and Milk!

NASCAR in a flash: Texas

Jimmie+Johnson+getting+ready+to+start+practice+for+Saturdays+race.%0D%0APhoto+courtesy+of+mabecerra.+
Jimmie Johnson getting ready to start practice for Saturday’s race. Photo courtesy of mabecerra.
Jimmie Johnson getting ready to start practice for Saturday’s race.
Photo courtesy of mabecerra.

Last Saturday the drivers were at Texas Motor Speedway where the Busch brothers were one and two for the start of the race. Kyle Busch won the race with a sweep in Texas which is winning all the races at that track that weekend. He had a dominant car last weekend in the nationwide race on Friday night and also on Saturday night.

Also before the race both of the Penske cars had to change rear suspension in both of the cars. Joey Logano almost did not even make the race because he had to go through the pre-race inspection so many times. So he had to start from the back of the field and he came back to a sixth place finish.

It also was the first night race of the season. This Sunday they will be at Kansas Speedway it will be cool to see what kind of speeds they will get with the new car and the newly paved track. The drivers will be racing at 2 p.m. on FOX  for the STP 400.