Loretto museum displays student art

Come check out the student’s artwork at the Southern Alleghenies museum of art. Thanks for the picture: https://www.google.com/search?q=southern+alleghenies+of+museum+of+art&lr=&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi89eqC8sjZAhUwVt8KHawwB1UQ_AUICygC&biw=1242&bih=587&tbs=sur:fmc&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=rjInHtIUxBaeLM:

Joleyna Martino, Reporter

Four students from the ninth grade art elective will have their artwork in the “Artist of the 24th Century” student art exhibit at the Loretto location of the Southern Alleghenies of Museum of Art starting on Feb. 2, to Apr. 7. In addition, the student’s artwork was part of Central PA live on WTAJ aired on Jan. 31.

Ninth grade art elective teacher, Jessica Miller, teaches the ninth graders.

“Showing student work is always a privilege and being able to work with the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art is a really great experience to gain exposure for student masterpieces. These student works are shown in a museum setting with other schools across Blair County, and it’s just a great opportunity to show off how hard the students are working as well as their amazing talent,” Miller said.

Miller chose each of the students based on their art projects and creativity.

“The four pieces shown at the museum were picked because they are exemplary pieces of artwork done by dedicated students. The students showed mastery in the medium that was used to illustrate their landscapes, and the landscapes showed thoughtful composition, ” Miller said.

Ninth grader, Andrew Donlan, is one of the students whose art is displayed in the museum.

“My painting is a landscape drawing that I used chalk pastels to make,” Donlan said. “Doing art just allows me to show my creative side.”

Ninth grader, Eleanor Gotshall is another one of the students who is getting their art displayed in the museum.

“We had a pastel assignment, so I decided to do a picture of an African wild dog. It was just very colorful and I liked the way it looked,” Gottshall said.

Gottshall explained her reaction that she had when her art teacher, Jessica Miller, told her about her art being displayed.

“I was kind of surprised, and then I saw Mrs. Miller putting it in the frame; it was crazy,” Gottshall said.

According to Gottshall, art runs in her family,

“My whole family is into art: my mom, both my grandparents and my sister,” Gottshall said.

Ninth grader, Riley Walker, is also getting his art displayed in the museum along with the other students.

“My painting is an eagle, and the background is an ocean,” Walker said.

There are many students in the art elective, each usually has his or her own reason for joining the class.

“I just like being able to be creative and doing what I want,” Walker said.

Another one of the students getting their art displayed is ninth grader, Julia Lane.

“I used regular pencils for it; it’s just a sketch,” Lane said.

All the students have been told in different ways about their artwork being displayed, and all of the student’s reacted differently.

“I was kind of shocked, because I never give myself enough credit. It was a real confidence booster,” Lane said.

According to Lane, her art obsession with art started at a young age.

“Ever since I was little my aunt used to take me to craft stores like A.C. Moore and all those places,” Lane said.

All of the artwork from the ninth grade art elective students will be in the art exhibit at the Loretto location of the Southern Alleghenies of Museum of Art and will be staying there until April 7.