• May 8Badminton Tournament, Basketball Tournament and Dodge Ball Games May 14 from 3-5 in A and B Gyms.

• May 8In need of dresses, ties, shirts/pants or shoes - check out the Social closet in room 210.

• May 89th graders: Social tickets will be sold for $10.00 the week of the dance.

• May 8AAHS Mountain Lion Mascot Tryouts Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm in Room B8.

• May 8AAHS Cheerleading tryouts will be held in the AAHS Auxiliary Gym on May 6 and 8-10

• May 8Summer school applications are available in the guidance office until May 14

• March 13The Daffodil DELIVERY DATE has been moved to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3.

Escape room challenges students

Back to Article
Back to Article

Escape room challenges students

Seventh, eighth and ninth grade students took on the escape room challenge on May 11. 
Thanks for the photo: 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/archivesnews/34457952593

Seventh, eighth and ninth grade students took on the escape room challenge on May 11. Thanks for the photo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/archivesnews/34457952593

Joleyna Martino, Reporter

On Friday May, 11 two students from each grade level and four of their invited friends competed in an escape room to win prizes. The students who submitted Lion Loot at lunch were randomly chosen to be put into the escape room challenge. Nicholas Caminiti organized the challenge.

Seventh grader, Sam Colombo, was one of the students selected for the escape room challenge.

“Going into the challenge I was really nervous and worried about not being able to get out of the room,” Colombo said.

The students went through a series of challenges throughout the escape room to try and get out.

“The hardest but most fun part of the challenge was figuring out the combinations for the locks with my group,” Colombo said.

Eighth Grader, Emma Dietrick, was one of the students selected for the escape room to represent the eighth grade.

“The challenge was super fun, I had a good time with my friends. I was excited that I was picked,” Dietrick said.

Each of the students faced different difficulties while they were participating in the challenge.

“At the end of the challenge there was a Sudoku puzzle that my team and I had to figure out. I think that was the hardest part of the whole challenge,” Dietrick said.

Ninth grader, Sarah Graham, was chosen as one of the representatives for the ninth graders.

“The challenge was really fun, my friend wanted to do the challenge, so I put in a lion loot for a chance. It just happens I got picked,” Graham said.

In second place for the challenge was Sam Colombo’s team, and placing first was Julia Lane’s team. All the teams made fast time escaping the room and doing all the challenges. Watch the students escape the room here.

About the Writer
Joleyna Martino, Reporter

Joleyna Martino enjoys writing and listening to music; this is the only was she can survive on a daily basis. Joleyna loves all of her friends and family,...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Escape room challenges students”

1. Sarah Weathersbee on May 25th, 2018 9:50 am

Looks like fun !! I hope they do more in the future.

2. Layla Shelow on May 25th, 2018 11:25 am

This sounds like so much fun! I hope they do more cool challenges like this in the future for the students.

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Mitchell to retire at end of school year

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Spanish student teacher says “adios” to students

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Bardelang recognized by Harkins Foundation

• Escape room challenges students

Club notes

May club monthly update

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Student body welcomes foreign exchange students

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Pfiester attends national advocacy event for Alzheimer’s Association

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Pennsylvania System of School Assessment tests get closer

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Junior high students, teachers take part in foreign language festival

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Teachers team up to help students succeed

• Escape room challenges students

Feature Stories

Teachers decide between buildings

Escape room challenges students