Weather interferes with music department adjudication

Take a bow!  The Altoona music department competed in Music in the Parks in Hershey.  Emily Latten, Jackie Ertwine, Rebecca Dieter, Emily DeFrancesco, Andrew Zupon, Ami Smith Banks, Seth Brunnhuber and Aiden Philips went up to receive the awards for the music department.

Take a bow! The Altoona music department competed in Music in the Parks in Hershey. Emily Latten, Jackie Ertwine, Rebecca Dieter, Emily DeFrancesco, Andrew Zupon, Ami Smith Banks, Seth Brunnhuber and Aiden Philips went up to receive the awards for the music department.

Caley Galarneau

Caley Galarneau

Caley Galarneau, Reporter

On Saturday May 19, the music department went to Hershey, PA to compete in Music in the Parks.  It was a nice competition and was set up very efficiently, but the weather was terrible. The people in charge obviously could not do anything about the weather, but the marching band had to stand outside in the cold weather and pouring rain.  Not only did they have to stand there, but they had to perform in it. There were some individuals in marching band who got sick from the bad weather and standing out in the rain.

Besides the weather hold back, the competition went very well.  All of the music sections won first place, and orchestra, marching band and jazz band got superior ratings.  Then chorus won first place and for an excellent rating. Overall, the music department did a very good job. The contestants were very respectful towards one another. The awards ceremony was very exciting and every school supported each other and clapped for each other when the awards were announced. There was a very positive vibe in the arena, and every school did a very good job. Although the weather conditions were not ideal, the band held their own and did an amazing job.  They fought the weather and got a superior rating.

Overall, Music in the Parks was very successful and very fun.  Everyone who was there supported one another and worked as a team.  This trip will be one to remember for the students in the music department.

About the Contributor
Caley Galarneau, Reporter

Caley Galarneau is very active and loves to be around people. She is one of the Feature Twirlers for the Varsity band. Caley also loves to ride horses and go to the farm and be around animals.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Weather interferes with music department adjudication”

1. Piper Ferguson on May 25th, 2018 9:32 am

Congratulations to the orchestra, marching band, and jazz band for getting superior. Congratulations also to the chorus for getting excellent.

2. Nathan Wilt on May 25th, 2018 9:45 am

The rain was extremely harsh like the article stated. Although I didn’t have to perform in the rain like the marching band, I saw them go onto my band and I would say that saying that they were drenched would be an understatement.

3. Brennen Dugan on May 25th, 2018 11:23 am

The rain soaked us before we even played.

• Weather interferes with music department adjudication

Columns

Hey eighth graders! Follow these tips to start next year right

Columns

Happy retirement, Mr. Yon! We will miss you.

Columns

New softball fields benefit players

Columns

Ten tips for upcoming test takers

Columns

School year went extremely well

Columns

AAJHS should provide more dress themed days for students

Columns

Conspiracy theories make the world go around

Columns

Jaffa shrine circus legend continues

Columns

School board building project will benefit students

Columns

But what do I know?