Supercross: Monster Energy AMA 2013 Series

Ryan Villopoto takes the championship before the finale. This is his third time taking it. Photo courtesy of jhuffmanPhotography.

Results from Salt Lake City, UT

450

1- Ryan Villopoto

2 – Davi Millsaps

3 – Ryan Dungey

250

1 – Jason Anderson

2 – Cole Seely

3 – Martin Davalos

In the 450 main event, the three top riders battled it out for the total twenty laps. Although the Monster Energy Kawasaki rider had tough competition, he still latched onto his 33rd career win. He is also the 2013 supercross champion. This is not surprising to most because he has taken it the past two years.

Coming in second was the supercross “shocker” of the season. Davi Millsaps started this season out with a win. Something none of the supercross fans would have expected from him.

The last podium spot went to KTM rider, Ryan Dungey. He was the first rider out of the gate. He beat all of the other riders to the Nuclear Cowboyz holeshot. Then found himself in third behind Millsaps.

In the 250 main, racing out of the gate, Zach Osborne, took the hole shot. On the first lap, Eli Tomac and Jason Anderson were close behind Osborne. Tomac made some mistakes and fell behind the other riders.

As they moved into the second lap, Anderson took the lead from Tomac and Osborne.

Tomac ended up in ninth place as the race continued. Anderson stayed out front.

Seeing Tomac lose positions to the other riders was not anything that I expected to see. He was on top of his game for most of the season, I thought he would have pushed harder until the end of the season. Now I can see that I was wrong.

The riders go to Sin City this coming weekend. The race they have all been looking forward too. Watch and see who takes the championship title for 2013 on May 4.