• May 8Badminton Tournament, Basketball Tournament and Dodge Ball Games May 14 from 3-5 in A and B Gyms.

• May 8In need of dresses, ties, shirts/pants or shoes - check out the Social closet in room 210.

• May 89th graders: Social tickets will be sold for $10.00 the week of the dance.

• May 8AAHS Mountain Lion Mascot Tryouts Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm in Room B8.

• May 8AAHS Cheerleading tryouts will be held in the AAHS Auxiliary Gym on May 6 and 8-10

• May 8Summer school applications are available in the guidance office until May 14

• March 13The Daffodil DELIVERY DATE has been moved to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3.

Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Fun+in+the+Bouncy+House%21%0AStudents+from+all+grades+are+about+to+get+into+the+bouncy+house.++On+Harvest+Day%2C+Annetta+Conway+ran+the+bouncy+house+and+collected+all+of+the+student%27s+money.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Fun in the Bouncy House!
Students from all grades are about to get into the bouncy house.  On Harvest Day, Annetta Conway ran the bouncy house and collected all of the student's money.

Fun in the Bouncy House! Students from all grades are about to get into the bouncy house. On Harvest Day, Annetta Conway ran the bouncy house and collected all of the student's money.

John KIng

John KIng

John KIng

Zakary Hicks, Reporter

On Oct. 4, students celebrated another Harvest Day.

Students who sold two magazines earned the opportunity of Harvest Day festivities.

Students went to Mansion Park for the first time this year to celebrate Harvest day and hang out with their friends.  Eating snow cones and playing kickball was how they spent their school day.

This is the seventh graders first year and this is some of the ninth graders third year going.

“There was a lot more room and more activities this year. This year was definitely better,”  eighth grader Alyssa Spencer said.

A lot of kids walked around with friends and participated in some of the activities like volleyball and kickball.

Harvest Day was from fourth period to middle of seventh this year.  It ended a little early than expected because it rained.

“It didn’t completely ruin it, but it definitely did some damage to everyone’s mood,” ninth grader Jaden Kubica said.

It raining hasn’t been a huge problem in the last couple years, so when it started pouring many people looked shocked and upset because they weren’t prepared for it.

“The rain didn’t completely ruin my day, it just made my hair look bad,” Spencer said.  

A lot of students threw pies in teacher’s faces.

“Harvest Day was a lot of fun, but the best part had to be throwing a pie in my teachers face,” seventh grader Kaylee Burk said.

Next year at Harvest Day there will be a lot of familiar faces and some new.

“Being my first year at Altoona I didn’t know what it was going to be like, but it helped me meet a lot of people and showed me that Altoona was fun,” Kubica said.

“I got to spend my whole day with my friends, play volleyball and eat snow cones. It was a pretty good day,” Burk said.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park”

1. Avery Reid on October 29th, 2018 10:38 am

I loved the story that was written because harvest day is one of my favorite activities to go to during the school year. It was great how the writer captured the different setting this year for harvest day as well.

2. McKenzie Quirin on October 29th, 2018 2:31 pm

I enjoyed the story because it gave me insight on the details about harvest day and what students could do at the event. It also gave the students’ who attended harvest day on how they feel with the different setting and how the weather was.

3. Star Conahye on December 20th, 2018 9:52 am

I enjoy Mansion Park and I also enjoy Harvest Day so if you put them together that sounds like extra fun.

4. Arden McKendree on December 20th, 2018 2:27 pm

Harvest Day was so fun! Even though it started to rain, it was a great day.

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Mitchell to retire at end of school year

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Spanish student teacher says “adios” to students

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Bardelang recognized by Harkins Foundation

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Club notes

May club monthly update

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Student body welcomes foreign exchange students

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Pfiester attends national advocacy event for Alzheimer’s Association

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Pennsylvania System of School Assessment tests get closer

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Junior high students, teachers take part in foreign language festival

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Teachers team up to help students succeed

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Teachers decide between buildings

Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park