Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Fun+in+the+Bouncy+House%21%0AStudents+from+all+grades+are+about+to+get+into+the+bouncy+house.++On+Harvest+Day%2C+Annetta+Conway+ran+the+bouncy+house+and+collected+all+of+the+student%27s+money.+
Fun in the Bouncy House!
Students from all grades are about to get into the bouncy house.  On Harvest Day, Annetta Conway ran the bouncy house and collected all of the student's money.

Fun in the Bouncy House! Students from all grades are about to get into the bouncy house. On Harvest Day, Annetta Conway ran the bouncy house and collected all of the student's money.

John KIng

John KIng

Zakary Hicks, Reporter

On Oct. 4, students celebrated another Harvest Day.

Students who sold two magazines earned the opportunity of Harvest Day festivities.

Students went to Mansion Park for the first time this year to celebrate Harvest day and hang out with their friends.  Eating snow cones and playing kickball was how they spent their school day.

This is the seventh graders first year and this is some of the ninth graders third year going.

“There was a lot more room and more activities this year. This year was definitely better,”  eighth grader Alyssa Spencer said.

A lot of kids walked around with friends and participated in some of the activities like volleyball and kickball.

Harvest Day was from fourth period to middle of seventh this year.  It ended a little early than expected because it rained.

“It didn’t completely ruin it, but it definitely did some damage to everyone’s mood,” ninth grader Jaden Kubica said.

It raining hasn’t been a huge problem in the last couple years, so when it started pouring many people looked shocked and upset because they weren’t prepared for it.

“The rain didn’t completely ruin my day, it just made my hair look bad,” Spencer said.  

A lot of students threw pies in teacher’s faces.

“Harvest Day was a lot of fun, but the best part had to be throwing a pie in my teachers face,” seventh grader Kaylee Burk said.

Next year at Harvest Day there will be a lot of familiar faces and some new.

“Being my first year at Altoona I didn’t know what it was going to be like, but it helped me meet a lot of people and showed me that Altoona was fun,” Kubica said.

“I got to spend my whole day with my friends, play volleyball and eat snow cones. It was a pretty good day,” Burk said.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park”

1. Avery Reid on October 29th, 2018 10:38 am

I loved the story that was written because harvest day is one of my favorite activities to go to during the school year. It was great how the writer captured the different setting this year for harvest day as well.

2. McKenzie Quirin on October 29th, 2018 2:31 pm

I enjoyed the story because it gave me insight on the details about harvest day and what students could do at the event. It also gave the students’ who attended harvest day on how they feel with the different setting and how the weather was.

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

New junior high teachers join faculty

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Students support spirit week

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Construction of new building has minimum impact

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Rachel’s Challenge spreads kindness through school

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Ninth grade honors students go on trial

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

School year ends with recess days from May 24-31

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

School hosts final game night for year

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Students end final marking period

• Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Escape room challenges students

Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park