Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial

With lots of attitude

With lots of attitude "Baby Bear" discusses her thoughts with Papa Bear. Baby Bear preferred to be called Tiffanie and was not happy with her father's decisions.

Savannah Blazer

Savannah Blazer

On Oct. 18 and 19, the drama club introduced Goldilocks on Trial at 7 p.m in the auditorium.

The tickets sold at the door were $3 for k-12 and $5 for adults. Connor Chywski was the director of the play. He was hired last year as a ninth grade English teacher and wanted to assist in drama.  He takes on this role while Alyssa Hetrick is on maternity leave.

The club chose this play for a variety of reasons.

“We thought this it was a really funny play for one thing. I wanted the kids to have a lighthearted comedy that they would really enjoy performing and that we would enjoy directing. The students put in a lot of time and effort, and I’m very proud of them,” Chywski said.

Eighth grader Christina Dicus was part of the makeup and costume crew for the play and plans to continue that role for the future musical.

“I am part of makeup, and I love doing the big bad wolf’s makeup. I like blending in the contour and laughing at how brown his face looks,” Dicus said.

Drama students were expected to be at each practice. They had to know their lines and know when their lines come in for the practice.

“We have about two (practices a week) when we are not close to the show and about everyday when we are close to the show,” Dicus said.

Ninth grader William Secriskey was the lawyer for the bear family, AKA DA Muffinhead.

“I think the main difficulty is that we have new directors, Mr. Chywski, Mr. Caminiti and returning director Mrs Hoover who isn’t a part of this school. Our main director, Mrs. Hetrick, is out on maternity leave,” Secriskey said.

Most students in drama club each had their own favorite moments within drama.

“My favorite part of drama is to be able to interact with all of the people like being a character and putting a spin on it,” Secriskey said.

Parker Cook, played Baby Bear, AKA Tiffannii.

“Everybody did a great job, and I think the play went really well. Crew is a very important part of the play, and I think that they did an amazing job with sound and lights. The gasps were on point also,” Cook said.

The drama students had a party after school on Oct. 24 until 4 p.m. for their success in their play. Eighth grader Emma Blazer was juror number 7 in the play

“The party was awesome, and I had an amazing time hanging out with my friends. The drama club deserves this. No one has any idea how hard we work to put on a play,” Blazer said.  

About the Photographer
Savannah Blazer, Reporter

Hey! I’m Savannah Blazer. I am a freshman at AAJHS, and I have wanted to do this class for a long time now. Since I was very young, I always enjoyed trying to figure out the meaning in ordinary pictures. I always wanted to make a huge story out of something small. I live by the motto,”But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward” from my favorite movie series Rocky Balboa. This is my first year writing for Livewire, and I’m super excited for what my freshman year is going to bring. I am included in some activities like the varsity band, and I play piccolo. In my eighth grade year, the varsity band and band fronts went to adjudication in the pouring rain and hit a record breaking score of 96.5. I am also in the FOR club which is Friends Of Rachel. I am looking forward to the future. I am dreaming of becoming a beautician. I am hoping for an amazing year with my friends and family.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial”

1. Destiny Montgomery on October 29th, 2018 10:34 am

I enjoyed reading your story. It makes me wish I had gone to go see the play.

2. Ben Blackie on October 29th, 2018 2:29 pm

The story is well written and I also liked how you included the photo gallery because it was interesting to see them preparing for the show.

3. Sonia Yost on October 29th, 2018 2:31 pm

I enjoyed reading your story, but I felt as though there were too many photos in the slideshow. Many of the photos were blurry and without a caption, gave no context to the reader.

• Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial

Feature Stories

New junior high teachers join faculty

Feature Stories

Harvest Day moves to Mansion Park

Feature Stories

Students support spirit week

Feature Stories

Construction of new building has minimum impact

Feature Stories

Rachel’s Challenge spreads kindness through school

Feature Stories

Ninth grade honors students go on trial

Feature Stories

School year ends with recess days from May 24-31

Feature Stories

School hosts final game night for year

Feature Stories

Students end final marking period

Feature Stories

Escape room challenges students

Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial