Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial

Back to Article
Back to Article

Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial

With lots of attitude

With lots of attitude "Baby Bear" discusses her thoughts with Papa Bear. Baby Bear preferred to be called Tiffanie and was not happy with her father's decisions.

Savannah Blazer

Savannah Blazer

Savannah Blazer

On Oct. 18 and 19, the drama club introduced Goldilocks on Trial at 7 p.m in the auditorium.

The tickets sold at the door were $3 for k-12 and $5 for adults. Connor Chywski was the director of the play. He was hired last year as a ninth grade English teacher and wanted to assist in drama.  He takes on this role while Alyssa Hetrick is on maternity leave.

The club chose this play for a variety of reasons.

“We thought this it was a really funny play for one thing. I wanted the kids to have a lighthearted comedy that they would really enjoy performing and that we would enjoy directing. The students put in a lot of time and effort, and I’m very proud of them,” Chywski said.

Eighth grader Christina Dicus was part of the makeup and costume crew for the play and plans to continue that role for the future musical.

“I am part of makeup, and I love doing the big bad wolf’s makeup. I like blending in the contour and laughing at how brown his face looks,” Dicus said.

Drama students were expected to be at each practice. They had to know their lines and know when their lines come in for the practice.

“We have about two (practices a week) when we are not close to the show and about everyday when we are close to the show,” Dicus said.

Ninth grader William Secriskey was the lawyer for the bear family, AKA DA Muffinhead.

“I think the main difficulty is that we have new directors, Mr. Chywski, Mr. Caminiti and returning director Mrs Hoover who isn’t a part of this school. Our main director, Mrs. Hetrick, is out on maternity leave,” Secriskey said.

Most students in drama club each had their own favorite moments within drama.

“My favorite part of drama is to be able to interact with all of the people like being a character and putting a spin on it,” Secriskey said.

Parker Cook, played Baby Bear, AKA Tiffannii.

“Everybody did a great job, and I think the play went really well. Crew is a very important part of the play, and I think that they did an amazing job with sound and lights. The gasps were on point also,” Cook said.

The drama students had a party after school on Oct. 24 until 4 p.m. for their success in their play. Eighth grader Emma Blazer was juror number 7 in the play

“The party was awesome, and I had an amazing time hanging out with my friends. The drama club deserves this. No one has any idea how hard we work to put on a play,” Blazer said.  

About the Photographer
Savannah Blazer, Reporter

Hey! I'm Savannah Blazer. I am a freshman at AAJHS, and I have wanted to do this class for a long time now. Since I was very young, I always enjoyed trying...

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial”

1. Destiny Montgomery on October 29th, 2018 10:34 am

I enjoyed reading your story. It makes me wish I had gone to go see the play.

2. Ben Blackie on October 29th, 2018 2:29 pm

The story is well written and I also liked how you included the photo gallery because it was interesting to see them preparing for the show.

3. Sonia Yost on October 29th, 2018 2:31 pm

I enjoyed reading your story, but I felt as though there were too many photos in the slideshow. Many of the photos were blurry and without a caption, gave no context to the reader.

4. Joshua Hamilton on December 20th, 2018 10:47 am

I thought that the story was great

5. Emma Blazer on December 20th, 2018 12:57 pm

i thought this story was well written and had good context

6. aiden troutman on December 20th, 2018 2:26 pm

cool

7. Sam Abbott on January 4th, 2019 8:58 am

If you enjoyed the fall play, Goldilocks on Trial, don’t forget to come out for the spring play, Alice in Wonderland Jr!

• Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial

Feature Stories

Ninth grade majorettes compete

Feature Stories

Hogan starts off students’ days with spirit

Feature Stories

Alice in Wonderland Jr. play inspires wonder, joy for audiences

Feature Stories

Indoor teams take wins in Portage

Club notes

March clubs monthly update

Uncategorized

Students buy Hershey Kisses for peers

Feature Stories

Chess Club competes in winter tournament

Feature Stories

Josh Drean reaches out to thousands

Feature Stories

Holiday concerts spread cheer

Feature Stories

Students raise funds to support family affected by fire

Drama club presents Goldilocks on Trial