Fall sports teams face rivials

Kaya Newell

Play Hard, Work Hard Players stand on the sideline cheering on their teammates. This game was held on Thursday, Sept. 20. The team went up against CD East on this day and won.

Avery Reid, reporter

Fall sports are coming to an end and teams have come to a conclusion on who there biggest rivals are.

“Our biggest rivals are Hollidaysburg and State College,” ninth grade football plater Aidan Steinbugl said.

Steinbugl is on the freshman football team and plays the position of quarterback and free safety. The team finished off the season undefeated. 

“Our record is 6-0, and we have done everything we can to keep it that way,” Steinbugl said.

“State College goes back and forth with wins but we can get a win with Hollidaysburg,” freshman football coach Damon Luciano said.

This year the freshman football team is in a new league called Mid-Penn.

The freshman football team got a win against one of their biggest rivals State College on Thursday, Oct, 18. The final score was 29-0 Altoona.

The volleyball team also faces rivals.

“ Hollidaysburg is our biggest rival,” eighth grader Emma Clouser stated.

Clouser plays middle front hitter on the eighth grade volleyball team.

Their team has only had two losses this season so far.

“Our season has been really fun and exciting,” Clouser said.

“Hollidaysburg was a really tough team and so was Tyrone, but we haven’t played Tyrone since last year,” eighth grader Delainey Wisor said.

Wisor plays forward on the eighth grade girls’ soccer team. The girls’ soccer team is also undefeated with a record of 16-0,

“We are very happy with our season so far,” Wisor said.

Maintaining the undefeated season included wins over all rivals for both girls’ soccer and varsity football.