• April 26Lunch - Garlic Pizza Griller w/Sauce, Mixed Vegetables, Romaine Salad and Choice of Fruit and Milk!

Paws and Claws; Everything about pets

Every year about 50,000 animals lose limbs. Photo credits to Peter Grima.

Cats are a very common household pet. Every cat is different. There are many different breeds of cats, and each one has a different personality. There are similarities within cats too. There’s an obvious one- all cats have four legs. Well, most of them. There is one exception, and her name is I-hop. I-hop is a black and white tabby cat, and she only has three legs. She is missing her front left leg. Her owner is eighth grader Joey Vinglish.

Every year, 50,000 animals lose limbs. The leading cause of this is cancer or other diseases. I-hop lost her leg in an incident where someone shot at her. That was why she got adopted.

“We got her because we felt sorry for her,” Vinglish said.

Besides playing with balls of yarn or chasing mice, I-hop simply running around is a funny sight.

“It’s funny to watch her run because she only has three legs, so she hops,” Vinglish said.

Caring for her is still normal.

“She is an inside cat. We give her food and water and clean out her litter box every day,” Vinglish said.

I-hop is a playful cat.

“She beat up my dog,” Vinglish said.

Cats generally live between 18-20 years.

“We have had I-hop for one year,” Vinglish said.

If you are looking for a pet to adopt, try the local shelter. Even though some handicap animals need special care, there are ones like I-hop that have been abused and need a good home.