Ripped jeans aren’t distracting

Rips and Tears These are a pair of jeans that are an example of something that would be dress coded. You can not see skin or anything

Avery Reid, reporter

Are ripped jeans really that distracting?

The Student Code of Conduct states students are not allowed to wear distracting clothing. This rule is mainly referring to girls in the school. While boys wear shorts to knee length girls can’t even wear ripped jeans with the rips at the knees.

There are a lot more girls getting sent home or sent down to the nurse because of the dress code then there are boys.

All of the students are fed up with the dress code and its consequences. There are restrictions and limits that should not be broken, but the school board also shouldn’t be so strict with the dress code rules.

Students should be allowed to wear what they want to wear, at a certain point. It is a part of freedom of speech.

For girls especially it is hard to find clothes now a days that don’t have large rips or tears in them.

Some teachers are more lenient about ripped jeans than others, but the fact of the matter is that if the rips are around thigh area and are very large holes they will get dress coded.

All in all, the school dress code should be changed where it is reasonable for everyone. Students should not be getting in trouble for wearing ripped jeans to school. Girls should not be objectified by the clothes they wear.