• May 8Badminton Tournament, Basketball Tournament and Dodge Ball Games May 14 from 3-5 in A and B Gyms.

• May 8In need of dresses, ties, shirts/pants or shoes - check out the Social closet in room 210.

• May 89th graders: Social tickets will be sold for $10.00 the week of the dance.

• May 8AAHS Mountain Lion Mascot Tryouts Wednesday, May 15 at 3:00 pm in Room B8.

• May 8AAHS Cheerleading tryouts will be held in the AAHS Auxiliary Gym on May 6 and 8-10

• May 8Summer school applications are available in the guidance office until May 14

• March 13The Daffodil DELIVERY DATE has been moved to WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3.

Freshman football team finishes undefeated

Back to Article
Back to Article

Watch and observe. The football players watch the game from the sidelines.  The game took place at Mansion Park on Sept. 20.

Watch and observe. The football players watch the game from the sidelines. The game took place at Mansion Park on Sept. 20.

Kaya Newell

Kaya Newell

Kaya Newell

Kaya Newell, reporter

This year’s football team is the first ever freshman football team to finish the season undefeated.

The team played many different teams this year leaving them unsure about their competition and how the outcome of the season would occur.

“I really didn’t know because we started in a new league, we went to the Mid-Penn. We haven’t played those teams for years, so I wasn’t sure how the season would play out,” freshman team coach Damon Luciano said.

The team’s biggest competitors were Cumberland Valley, and their biggest rival was Hollidaysburg.

Going into the season both quarterback, Aidan Steinbugl and linebacker, Ethan Stroup had doubts about how the season would end.

“If I am being honest, I didn’t think we would be undefeated, but I knew we would have a successful season,” Steinbugl said.

“The coaches really scared us with the teams we were going to play,” Stroup said.

There are many things that helped lead the team to have a lot of  success this season, but Steinbugl believes it had to do with the leaders.

“The leadership is what lead this team to success; if one person got down then the rest of the team would be there to pick them up, ” Steinbugl said.

“Aidan Steinbugl, Stroup, Taborn, Dokes and Lucas Hileman were all major contributors to the offense,” Luciano said.

The team did a lot of preparing for the season as well.

“We started in June getting stronger and learning the plays earlier to get an advantage for the season,” Steinbugl said.

Coach Luciano hopes to see the the freshman players go on to help out the high school team next year.

About the Writer
Kaya Newell, Reporter

Hey, how is it going? My name is Kaya, and this is my first year as a reporter on the school Livewire. I joined this class because of my love of photography,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Freshman football team finishes undefeated”

1. McKenzie Quirin on December 17th, 2018 2:13 pm

I think this is a great written article that emphasizes achievements made by the freshman football team this year involving the season and the switch of leagues. It had amazing AP style and great quotes that covered the topic.

• Freshman football team finishes undefeated

Eighth Grade Sports

New baseball teams wrap up season

Sports

Middle school track, field win championships

Eighth Grade Sports

Seventh, eighth grade track and field kicks off

Eighth Grade Sports

Athletic department adds baseball for spring

Eighth Grade Sports

Basketball teams midway through season

Eighth Grade Sports

Season for winter sport kicks in

Sports

Fall sports teams face rivials

Sports

Track season comes to end

Ninth Grade Sports

Track athletes compete in Mountain Lion Classic

Ninth Grade Sports

Thrown into the lives of softball players